picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

SarahES user profile picture

SarahES

Oily/Resilient

dot151 Views

what is your experience with skin barrier damage?

Hey everybody! I was wondering what everyone's thoughts and experiences were concerning skin barrier damage. I've read a few articles about it, but I haven't heard any personal stories or experiences. Some of what I've read makes me think I may have damage to my skin barrier, but I'm not sure. So I'd like to hear some personal experiences please. 😊 What exactly does this mean? Have you experienced this issue? If so, how did you know that's what it was? And what products did you use concerning restoring the skin barrier? Did it work or no? Any other additional info is welcome also. Thank you! 😻
upvote

comment

25 Comments

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

My skin barrier was pretty bad damaged bcuz I didn't I know I had a thin skin barrier and my skin is sensitive type, so I used a product that had all aha bha and pha in it and it totally destroy my skin barrier. So the symptom that I experience a lot is breakout and the constant itchiness on my face. Dr told me to use many hydrating products as possible and let it heal by it self. I own self do more research and try product like ceramide that is mainly to repair and strengthen skin barrier. it works actually for me thou the progress is kinda slow but the changes is noticable . I use this
Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cool Soothing Gel Cream

COSRX
Balancium Comfort Ceramide Cool Soothing Gel Cream

star rating

(11)

favorite

upvote

comment

SarahES

Oily/Resilient

thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like the products you used were too harsh for your skin or possibly used too often which sounds just like what I did. I hope you have began to reverse your damage. I used the skinceuticals triple lipid restore and it worked like a dream for my skin.
upvote

comment

G

Glowingclouds

Oily/Resilient

My personal experience of damage skin barrier includes skin redness (the redness is with me almost 24/7 even without any external factor), flaky skin, very oily skin but feeling skin crack and dryness. The products I use in restoring my skin barrier includes those that I tagged. I personally finds Centella help my skin the most, and panthenol, ceramide and squalane.
Thermal Spring Water

Avene
Thermal Spring Water

star rating

(209)

favorite

Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream

Avene
Cicalfate Restorative Skin Cream

star rating

(34)

favorite

730 Daily Moisture Cream

VEGREEN
730 Daily Moisture Cream

star rating

(144)

favorite

Fragrance-Free Cica Serum

VEGREEN
Fragrance-Free Cica Serum

star rating

(93)

favorite

upvote

comment

SarahES

Oily/Resilient

thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds almost the same as my skin...itching, flaking, dry patchy areas, and also the oily skin but all of the dry skin symptoms. I used an essence and the Skinceuticals triple lipid restore and it worked perfectly and fast. I noticed a difference in less than three days. Although it is extremely pricey at $130 for just a tiny jar. Thankfully, I had a sample. I hope you are able to restore your skin barrier 😊
upvote

comment

nrzlkha user profile picture

nrzlkha

Oily/Resilient

my skin barrier damage by showing my skin irritated and redness easily. the irritation parts also felt a lil bit stinging and my skin hardly to receive any product on the skin. it would be a lil bit stinging after i apply any products. my skin also peeling and it was so hurt urgh. from that day, i know my skin barrier is damaged. after that, i immediately go to nearest drugstore and find product with hyaluronic acid. i bought and used this product from hada labo and it did really help a lot for restoring and repairing my skin barrier at that time
Gokujyun Premium Hyaluronic Acid Lotion

Hada Labo
Gokujyun Premium Hyaluronic Acid Lotion

star rating

(265)

favorite

Gokujyun Premium Hydrating Lotion

Hada Labo
Gokujyun Premium Hydrating Lotion

star rating

(29)

favorite

upvote

comment

SarahES

Oily/Resilient

thank you for sharing your experience. After reading your reply, I believe that my skin barrier is damaged also. I tried a new serum and a new peel recently and after a week or so, I began to notice my skin would get red after barely touching it, it was itching a lot, and my normal gentle daily cleanser started to feel kind of prickly on my skin when I washed my face. I had a sample in the mail of a triple lipid restore from skinceuticals and applied it every night. it made my skin feel so good and after several days the symptoms went away. thank you for sharing. I hope you have reversed your damage!
upvote

comment

shaniacsn user profile picture

shaniacsn

Oily/Sensitive

redness and itchiness
upvote

comment

SarahES

Oily/Resilient

Here is my pick for repairing skin barrier damage. I had a sample in the mail that was a decent size. I'd love to be able to buy it, but it's around $130 for their little jar of it. I'd like to find something similar to this, but cheaper. I wish I could afford it though because it was like heaven.
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2

SkinCeuticals
Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2

star rating

(52)

favorite

upvote

comment

G

Glowingclouds

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for sharing the product you found it works for your skin! and my skin barrier is restored 😊🙌🏻
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!