picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

therealchelsea user profile picture

therealchelsea

Oily/Resilient

dot52 Views

Prevage - why do I keep going back to it?

I was introduced to Prevage when it had two items in the line, specifically a face serum and an eye serum. The product was expensive back then. I found it very strange that they didn’t have an eye cream or moisturizer, but at that time, the representatives insisted it wasn’t necessary. I guess they must have changed their mind on that one… My issue is that either Revlon or L’Oréal bought the line. Since then, prices have continued to climb (and it was pricey to begin with), but the product quality remains the same. So, I’m paying more to support a company I DETEST because nothing I’ve tried is quite as effective as Prevage. Their night cream is an absolute dream, and their face and eye serums and Super Start remain highly above-average. I’m not sold on their gimmicky products, (products with no special ingredients) like cleanser, their mask, neck cream or their eyebrow serum, simply because I have found products with ingredients that appeal to me in clean and animal-cruelty free lines. No matter what I try, I continue to go back to my Prevage basics (OMG I’m admitting this in the internet), specifically their face and eye serums, Super Start (they keep changing the name, but it was originally Arden’s Super Start) and night cream. The ONLY ingredient unique to the line is idebinone. It must have efficacy, as the line was at one point (and still may be) available at higher Idebinone concentrations by prescription. Are there any other Prevage addicts who have found products comparable in efficacy, contain similarly effective formulas and active ingredient and ?are animal friendly, preferably owned by smaller companies? I’d really like to continue with the efficacy, but not support the evil cosmetics giant that owns the line! Any input is appreciated?? Thanks in advance!
upvote

comment

1 Comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Hey I've never heard of Prevage but I think it is really disappointing for you to support a mega corporation that sucks. Sadly I cant recommend you some products but there is website: https://skinskoolbeauty.com/ that is looking for dupes! So you can find products that have a similar ingredient list. They also matched it in % so you know how similar it is. Hope this help you!
upvote

comment

therealchelsea user profile picture

therealchelsea

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for responding. I agree that the company that owns the line is horrible. Sadly, Prevage obtained a patent on the primary ingredient, only otherwise available by prescription. I thought this patent would have expired by now and that other brands would’ve started using the ingredient. I’m familiar with the site that you sent, and there is one line that is slightly comparable, but I would prefer to speak with somebody who has used it or is familiar with the line. Believe me, I find it disappointing, also. That’s why I posted in the first place!!! Thanks so much for your response.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!