picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

M

msaysahoi

Oily/Sensitive

dot81 Views

PIE, Purging and AA doesnt work anymore?

I need all you Skin-Experts to throw your knowlegde at me. Please Help me 😄 So about 2 Months ago I learned about PIE and that this is the redness I have mainly on my right cheek. I started to use the PC Azelaic Acid Booster (every morning) and PC 2% BHA Toner (every three days) and saw results rather quickly and within 3 weeks my skin was a dream 😍 So clear and not a sign of redness anymore. Then I changed my cleanser to the CeraVe Cream-to-Foam (with SA in it) and startet to break out almost immediatley. I used it for like 4 days stopped it again and since then my skin is red again with a few breakouts. This was around 3 Weeks ago and the PIE is not getting better at all even though I'm back to the old routine. Can the Skin adapt to a Ingredient so fast that it is not working anymore (talking about the AA)? Or could it be purging and my skin is still getting the gunk out? All I want is the redness to disapear. It makes me feel so selfconcious. Thank you guys.
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

10% Azelaic Acid Booster

Paula's Choice
10% Azelaic Acid Booster

star rating

(131)

favorite

Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

CeraVe
Hydrating Cream-to-Foam Cleanser

star rating

(313)

favorite

upvote

comment

1 Comment

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I strongly believe it's purging. I do not have any research on that topic, but in my medical school, they taught us that skin can't get addicted to an ingredient. It would be different, if the active you use is an antibiotics - microorganisms can get immunity to antibiotic and then you have to try another one. But for the skin, I believe it's purging or your skin just needs something different - my skin reacts badly to zinc in any form - oral or skin treatment, I was always sick or have worse acne after using zinc. PIE is nothing else than inflammation, I would recommend choosing products with EGCG (Green tea), Vitamin C, Caffeine or Centella to reduce redness and calm the skin :) Also, since you mention redness - tone up creams can be good too :)
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!