picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Patchcollection user profile picture

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

dot90 Views

Cleansing/face washing/skincare routines and working out

Was wondering how you all manage your skincare routines when mixed with working out/exercising. Like do you wash your face (if you're wearing makeup) before working out and then again afterwards? I know there is that "rule" about limiting face washing to 1-2 times a day, but how does a person do that if they workout and sweat? For myself, to avoid over washing, I workout in the morning and before heading to work (this also means, I shower twice a day, almost every day). Trying to find tips on this topic as Winter approaches, I do want to stay in bed longer and want to change up my workouts in the evening.
upvote

comment

10 Comments

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

I go for zumba dance in the morning. I usually wash my face with just water in the morning and head to the classes, after coming back from the zumba I'll just start with my day by properly wash my face again with cleanser and then do my routine ^^ I think if you do it in the evening you can do it before you shower, cuz well you gonna Sweat again so might as well you sweat and you shower then can continue with your routine and end the day
upvote

comment

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

Zumba in the morning sounds amazing! and so true about exercising before showering. No need to do an additional face washing 😊
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I clean my face with micellar water before going to the gym then I use my cleanser and proceed with the rest of my routine after working out 😊
upvote

comment

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

I've never thought of using micellar water! Thanks for the tip!
upvote

comment

LouiseY user profile picture

LouiseY

Oily/Resilient

if I do my run early in the morning, I actually just put on some sunscreen and go out! then when I come home I do my AM routine. if I run in the evening, I just shower and do my PM routine right after.
upvote

comment

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

I think that would work for me too 😊. Thank you for commenting!
upvote

comment

baredfaceforward user profile picture

baredfaceforward

Oily/Resilient

have you started working out after you finish work or in your lunch break? I would recommend to just wash your face with water and then go in with your micellar water on a cotton pad and then shower after at night
upvote

comment

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

Nope! I'm still only working out in the morning, but kinda want to workout in the evenings on days I can't wake up at 6am.
upvote

comment

MallyMal user profile picture

MallyMal

Oily/Sensitive

this is a great question! I usually remove my makeup with a makeup remover cloth and plain water, then after my workout and shower, I do the rest of my routine.
upvote

comment

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

Does your skin tighten up or anything similar during your workout? And thanks for replying!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!