Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

Stubs user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Stubs

Dry/Resilient

dot246 Views

retinol

When do you think it’s okay to start using retinol? I know The Inkey list suggests late 20s. I’m 23 years old and I use it every other week, is that too much?
upvote

comment

11 Comments

Kaiiixx user profile picture

Kaiiixx

Oily/Resilient

no it’s totally fine. use retinol at ur own pace & there isn’t a “right age “ to start retinol honestly. just start it whenever u r ready , be consistent & patient. 😇😇
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Stubs

Dry/Resilient

thank you so much! there are weeks when I use it M, W, & F. I just wasn’t sure if I was overdoing it.😊
upvote

comment

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

You can use it twice a week to build tolerance. If you use less than twice a day, your skin is not retinized so it won’t benefit you much either. 23 is the good age to start retinol. But at your age, sunscreen is the best thing that can happen to your skin
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Stubs

Dry/Resilient

Very helpful, thank you!🙏🏼 I was using it three times a week, but then I thought I was overdoing it because my moisturizer also has retinol. Btw that moisturizer is so nice!☺️
Peptide Moisturizer

The Inkey List
Peptide Moisturizer

star rating

(54)

favorite

upvote

comment

Iamvan user profile picture

Iamvan

Dry/Sensitive

Nope. I mean it's every other week, so twice a month. Retinol is a really good anti-aging. It's more of a prevention. And it's inkylist too. It's not some tret or prescriptions. You should be fine, upgrading to tretenion on your late twenties will be easier too, since you're already easing your way there.
upvote

comment

amyrahmisa user profile picture

amyrahmisa

Dry/Sensitive

it's not too much as long as you know that your skin needed, cause skincare is depends of your skin problem and your skin needs, not age😆
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Retinoids were initially used to treat acne for teenagers, treating the effects of aging was just a positive side effect 😅 I started when I was 29 and I regret not having started sooner! Just make sure to hydrate and moisturise your skin 💧🤗
upvote

comment

picky squad user badge

Stubs

Dry/Resilient

thank you!! ☺️🙏🏼
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!