picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Other

BeautySubscriptions user profile picture

BeautySubscriptions

Oily/Resilient

dot122 Views

Instagram 2nd go picky account?

Go_picky_ on Instagram sent a message that I won and need to register. I receive products from go picky already. I clicked on the registration and it’s a movie registration. There is an area to input credit card information under the actual products and I know someone who actually filled this in because she saw it was picky. I sent a message to the real go picky account but who else can I alert of this?
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

7 Comments

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

Oh my God, theses scammers are the worst. Always trying to prey on people. Thank goodness that you didn’t fall for that you should report this account to Instagram. I am heading to Instagram to do the same
upvote

comment

BeautySubscriptions

Oily/Resilient

I know right? she just cancelled her credit card. She is new to go picky and thought she won. I ordered bath bombs one time through Instagram. They had (checking to see if they still we at it now) an account with a lot of followers and they post bath bomb pictures.. she messaged me about 50% off. I ordered and never received bath bombs and come to find out they were scamming everyone and then creating new Instagram accounts. My bank refunded me. it was $23 .. something like that. one person was screaming about her $80 purchase. I hope her bank refunded her but anyway yes they appear real. I reported the account to Instagram as a fake account.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Just keep in mind: Picky would NEVER write you via IG regarding a giveaway! They only send you emails with an code that you can put in their shop site. So you never have to put credit card or whatsoever in there!
upvote

comment

BeautySubscriptions

Oily/Resilient

too late… she already did but she cancelled the card. I already received products so yes I caught it. I reported the account as fake to Instagram.
upvote

comment

BeautySubscriptions

Oily/Resilient

this is my post from a long time ago and this is the current ompany account . Still active on Instagram
upvote

comment

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

they clearly don’t care
upvote

comment

Bibii user profile picture

Bibii

Oily/Sensitive

It's good you're spreading awarness here, so if anyone gets the same message, they dont fal for it. But like... I'm fed up with these scammers showing up, like why? 😅 it's so annoying always having to report them and it leads nowhere since someone else creates another account. Sometimes I dont understand people..
upvote

comment

BeautySubscriptions

Oily/Resilient

well this one is getting account numbers! definitely dangerous
upvote

comment

KayeCyyy user profile picture
picky squad user badge

KayeCyyy

Dry/Sensitive

Same thing happened to me about 2 months ago, 2 fake picky account messaged me and other fake account of skin care brands. These accounts would copy the username of the brands and just add an extra letter or an underscore or a period to scam people. At first glance you would think that a brand reached out to you because they use almost the exact same username, but always check the account first if they are legit and don't give any information. Thanks for the awareness, we should be vigilant.
upvote

comment

BeautySubscriptions

Oily/Resilient

but why are they allowed? Instagram should take the time to weed out the phony accounts.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!