picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

P

pickymegs

Oily/Resilient

dot172 Views

Exfoliation!!!???🤷‍♀️

I just watched the youtube @go.picky on dermaplaning. My question is who is using the chemical exfoliators (glycolic acid etc )? Who is using the physical dermaplaning? Looking for positives and negatives on both, no matter your skin type, what is your experience with either? The tags are just some of the acids I was looking into? Help???
Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

The Ordinary
Lactic Acid 5% + HA 2%

star rating

(200)

favorite

Mandelic Acid 10% + HA

The Ordinary
Mandelic Acid 10% + HA

star rating

(105)

favorite

Lactic Acid 10% + HA

The Ordinary
Lactic Acid 10% + HA

star rating

(173)

favorite

Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

The Ordinary
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

star rating

(739)

favorite

AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1780)

favorite

upvote

comment

4 Comments

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

I have used glycolic acid in the past and I loved it. I moved to the ordinary peel because I wanted to use something with BHA as well but on the same day. I adore this peel. It removes hyperpigmentation. It smoothes out texture. It makes my skin glow and it takes care of pores and blackheads. To be clear, there wasn’t anything wrong with glycolic acid. I am still using it for other purposes now. If you are just starting chemical exfoliation or you have sensitive skin, start by mandelic acid. It’s the gentlest AHA. lactic acid is stronger than mandelic acid. glycolic acid is the strongest AHA. I also think that one should have BHA in their routine along AHA. AHA’s remove top dead layer of skin and BHA take care of pores and blackheads. I am tagging some good BHA products There are also PHA’s. They are gentlest one and can be used instead of AHA’s Dermaplaning is used for hair removal. Skin gets exfoliated in the process because of the manual labour. I wouldn’t do it personally because it’s an overkill for my skin
P

pickymegs

Oily/Resilient

wow, thank you for this wealth of knowledge. Funny, I have been looking at the mandelic so thank u for confirmation on that product!
upvote

comment

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

I like chemical exfoliation! I seem to always have some little bumps on my skin that would make it a bit dangerous to dermaplane, so I stick with what I can do 😜
upvote

comment

P

pickymegs

Oily/Resilient

understood, thank u!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Well dermaplaning is mostly for getting rid of facial hair, slight physical exfoliation is just a secondary benefit. However that would probably just help a bit on the surface with dead skin cells and you can't do it over pimples etc as you'd cut them open. Chemical exfoliation however is able to work deep into your pores - Salicylic acid is bet at that. so if you have blackheads, acne, oily skin - that would be your best friend. It depends what kind of exfoliation you're looking for - deep, on the surface, both, gentle for sensitive skin, stronger for more resilient skin? Either way, I would only recommend chemical exfoliants as they are far better than a ny physical exfoliation.
upvote

comment

P

pickymegs

Oily/Resilient

excellent info thk u!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!