picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

pickyglamqueen user profile picture

pickyglamqueen

Dry/Resilient

dot1,323 Views

be honest please!!

Do you prefer high end skin care or drug store skin care? Do you think the formula for high end skin care is better or just the brand?
upvote

comment

157 Comments

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

In my experience it comes down to the brand/product much more than the price - there are great finds and major misses at every price point. Some high end brands really do put more effort into their formulations and quality than cheaper brands, and those can be holy grails for sure! But there are also TONS of amazing products that put just as much care into their products at a lower cost. I tend to stick with more drugstore products, but I’m a big fan of high-end minis to test them out!
upvote

comment

pickyglamqueen

Dry/Resilient

thank you so much for your honest answer to be honest that helps to much ❤
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Drugstore! I was working at a duty free shop a while back and was able to try out high end skincare and make up. Non of them impressed me and some of them destroyed my skin. The only exception I found was Estee Lauder Advanced Night repair serum. So I'm sure there are exceptions, but I'm not willing to go bankrupt trying to find what works. Most often the price tag is associated with the brand, marketing costs etc, not the actual ingredients. Skincare doesn't need to be pricey to be effective 🙌
Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

Estee Lauder
Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II

star rating

(69)

favorite

upvote

comment

pickyglamqueen

Dry/Resilient

thank you for your honest answer ❤
upvote

comment

Moukily user profile picture

Moukily

Oily/Resilient

It doesn't matter. Its what i can afford and what works for me. I love the simple line for example which is a cheap drugstore line. But ive used estee lauder as well. A lot of the high end contains perfume though. I prefer no perfume.
upvote

comment

Oveta user profile picture

Oveta

Oily/Resilient

i completely agree.
upvote

comment

lillisa87 user profile picture

lillisa87

Oily/Resilient

I like some drug store brands and some high-end products. I haven’t tried Tatcha yet.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

June 24th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!