picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

D

Daisyyyy

Oily/Resilient

dot57 Views

BLACKHEADS AND LARGE PORES

Hi! Can you recommend a skincare routine for blackheads, large pores, and small pimples. I have a lot of blackheads in my nose. My cheeks has pimple marks and has small bumps that looks like small pimples. And ease recommend a budget-friendly products. I'm currently using retinol now for a month. I am using ryx clearbomb set, and I am thinking if I should change my routine now or should I stick to uaing retinols. Please help me. Thank you in advance!
upvote

comment

5 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

So to tackle it you should make sure to double cleanse, avoid comedogenic ingredients, exfoliate with BHAs (frequency depends on the strength), use clay mask 1-2x a week, add niacinamide serum to your routine, hydrate and moisturise lots. If you'd like to start using retinoids, be prepared for a slow progress. Start with low percentages 1-2x a week in the pm routine (don't exfoliate or use clay masks or anything else drying with strong actives in the same routine), you can use a sandwich method if you're worried about irritation (moisturiser-retinoid-moisturiser), and increase the frequency gradually. Make sure to wear sunscreen the next day and you might want to use a richer moisturiser at night because retinoids can really suck all the moisture out.
upvote

comment

fenni user profile picture

fenni

Oily/Resilient

Hi, you may try to use AHA BHA to combat blackhead and large pores. Using retinol also a good choice if your skin is not sensitive to retinol. Try to use moisturiser that has ceramide and hyaluronic too and don't forget sunscreen 😄
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

star rating

(1813)

favorite

upvote

comment

Vlora user profile picture

Vlora

Oily/Sensitive

this product is soo good for large pores and blackheads, but since you are yousing retinol I think you should keep on using it because you just used it for a month so far and retinol needs longer to be efficient, at least 6 weeks

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!