picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

CoffeeAndCigarettes user profile picture

CoffeeAndCigarettes

Oily/Resilient

dot347 Views

age limit in cosmetics

So being a bit adhd i often buy stuff and then later at home i discover some detail that i didn't notice at the store. Today i accidentally bought a moisturizer for very mature skin. How old is that? I'm 41. Is 41 mature? Is mature and very mature the same thing moisturizerwise?
carousel
upvote

comment

31 Comments

Littledarling27 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Littledarling27

Oily/Resilient

Mature skin is that one that shows signs of aging,like wrinkles, loss of firmess, etc. Do you skin shows signs of aging? if so then you can use this. I believe that the labels are for marketing purposes in this case..
upvote

comment

CoffeeAndCigarettes

Oily/Resilient

it does, it's why i bought it πŸ˜… thank you!
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

That's mostly for marketing purposes, like mens skincare - men don't need to use products that are labelled for men. And whether you're 40 or 60, your skin will mostly benefit from the same things - lots of hydration, moisture, peptides, ceramides and retinoids. And even if you find a product that's marketed for teenagers, but your skin loves it - no reason you shouldn't use it!
upvote

comment

CoffeeAndCigarettes

Oily/Resilient

thanks. i thought maybe mature skin products could be more agressive to the younger skin πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ i just wanted to make sure 😬
upvote

comment

Plumie user profile picture

Plumie

Oily/Resilient

From what I've learned in the skincare industry, mature skin just means that the product will be richer and may have ingredients to target fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots, etc. Depending on your skin type and lifestyle, you may or may not fit into this category, but there's no harm in using the product you purchased. Your skin will let you know if it's appropriate.
upvote

comment

MeliAnn user profile picture

MeliAnn

Dry/Sensitive

Hi, Iam more of a simple gal..I am 46, as long the product says anti-aging. I will buy it..lolπŸ’™
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!