picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

dot929 Views

[Ingredients] Niacinamide ⭐

Hey guys, in the next few days/ weeks I want to give you a introduction to some ingredients. Today we start with Niacinamide! 🌼 What it is? •An active form of vitamin b3 •Other names: Nicotinamide (C⁶H⁶N²O) •Water soluble vitamin •Stable & gentle active ingredient •Up to 5% is well researched (Most clinical studies were conducted with 2 -5%) 》Higher concentrations doenst always mean better and also can be irritating! •Forms: (Treatment) toners, serum, essence, lotions, ... 🌼 Functions •Fades pigmentation •Reduces Wrinkles •Clears acne •Regulates oil production •Smooths texture •Minimizes the look of your pores •Reduces redness & inflammation •Strengthens & improves the skin barrier •Fights free radicals (& environmental damages) 🌼 Compatible with: •Vitamin A (Retinol) , C & E •AHA, BHA •Benzoyl Peroxide •Peptides •Azelaic Acid •Tranexamic Acid •Ceramides •Hyaluronic Acid •Alpha Arbutin 🌼 Best for: All skin 🌼 Side effects Virtually none! Niacinamide is well tolerated 🌼 How to use it? • Can be used in the AM & PM • Apply after cleansing & before moisturizer > As you can see Niacinamide is very versatile and can be be paired with all different ingredients. An all rounder ingredient! What are your experiences with Niacinamide? What other ingredients should I cover?
upvote

comment

76 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing this ❣️ I made the mistake of thinking using more niacinamide will make my pores appear smaller & it backfired on me! I ended up with taut & peeling skin. 😲 I learnt that using less is more important & my skin was happier ☺️
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Same here! I was very inexperienced and I used the TO Niacinamide along with a lot products that contain Niacinamide. At the end my skin was so dry & tight. Now I'm only using products that has a small concentration of Niacinamide.
upvote

comment

skincarebymir user profile picture

skincarebymir

Oily/Resilient

Really helpful! Thank you!
upvote

comment

M

Mandz

Dry/Resilient

thank you for sharing. really appreciate it. great information
upvote

comment

citrasskin user profile picture

citrasskin

Oily/Resilient

thanks for this Sharing and information ☺️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!