picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Giveaways

rachellee0426 user profile picture

rachellee0426

Oily/Resilient

dot409 Views

HELP! 😭 I received custom warning letter for Avoskin giveaway 😭

Did anyone face same issue like me? 😭 How to check whether that brand is registered in Malaysia? To avoid this same issue happen in future.
carousel
upvote

comment

10 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

Oh it happens in Penang often, because they really chech the packaging that goes there. That is why when you apply for the giveway, they asked if you are willing to pay for any tax if they come in. So far this happens to a few other states in Malaysia too, I am not sure currently about Selangor, where I live, so far I haven’t received these β€œlove letters” yet. There was one time, my giveway was done buy getting a code to obtain in from Shopee but so far it only happens once.
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

my friend stays in Selangor, she didn't received any letter when she received the avoskin
upvote

comment

Sunflowerr user profile picture

Sunflowerr

Dry/Sensitive

Here's the link for you to check if the product is registered in Malaysia https://www.npra.gov.my/index.php/en/consumers/information/products-search
upvote

comment

rachellee0426

Oily/Resilient

awwww thank you so muchhhhhhh
upvote

comment

wyatt user profile picture

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

the custom officer be like issuing dozens of these letters in a short period of time 🀣
upvote

comment

rachellee0426

Oily/Resilient

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yes
upvote

comment

FSha user profile picture

FSha

Oily/Resilient

i received two warning in a day but i still received the products. i think it because the custom here in northern region quite strict.
upvote

comment

rachellee0426

Oily/Resilient

ohhh no 😨 what should we do next time to avoid this
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Sadly there's really nothing we can do about it. They detain or give warnings on the basis of importing cosmetics without permit. Which is illogical in this case because 1.) it's a gift from a giveaway. 2.) it's usually just 1-2 item which obviously means it's for personal use and not for sale. We are normal people not sellers. Of course we don't have a permit for such things! 😀 Anyway, I noticed this always happens when they use fedex and dhl. It's like automatic got trouble one when use those couriers. If only there's a way to know what courier the brands use to ship, then it'd be easier to avoid. I also noticed that most friends here from northern region got the love letter compared to some of us in Selangor. I received both Avoskin & Rovectin without issues, thankfully. Although I was really worried the whole time. Maybe can try to use a KL/Selangor address to wiggle out of this issue? 🀣 satu hal pulak kan lol
upvote

comment

rachellee0426

Oily/Resilient

Ya ke 😭 I'm from Ipoh and unlucky get this love letter. My friend from jb hv no issue and she received it thru FedEx. Mine also FedEx.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!