picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Giveaways

rronerek user profile picture

rronerek

Oily/Resilient

dot61 Views

My review of the NEOGEN’s Dermalogy Skincare Trial Kit

I received this product free from Picky and NEOGEN in exchange for my honest review My first thoughts upon receiving this product is how cute the packaging is! The colorful box and the product packaging is so cute and made me even more excited to try this as I love attractive packaging. The trial box even came with little skincare stickers which are just so adorable. When using these trial products the first thing I noticed was the differing textures of each product. The calendula bio-cleanser was so light and watery, the bio-essence was also pretty light but with a bit more structure, and the vitamin c was very thick. I also noticed how fragrant these products are, which I know can be a problem for some folks but I personally enjoyed the scents and I don’t believe my skin was being irritated by that feature. The immediate effects of these products on my skin were for the most part unremarkable or unnoticed. The bio-essence was used on my face before my moisturizer but I did not detect any difference in how my skin felt while using this. The vitamin C had a thick feeling on my face, but this wasn’t even a bad thing for me, and I followed up immediately with my own sunscreen which I would remark is a good thing about this product; that it further enforces my use of sunscreen. The bio-cleanser was used for me as an initial cleansing step, which I then followed with my regular cleanser, and so again the effects of this aren’t exactly noticeable because it doesn’t seem to be meant to be a sole cleanser. That being said, as I began to use these products, I started noticing more frequent breakouts on my skin. I’m not too sure which specific product may be the culprit, or if any of them were the cause at all, but my skin after the course of a few days has been developing more pimples than I have in the past few months. The positives of this experience for me were that the products were aesthetically pleasing, they encouraged good skincare behaviors from me such as wearing sunscreen in the morning, the scent of the products were pleasant and brightened my routine in that way, and there were no incredibly irritating ingredients to my skin. My cons would probably be that these products are too small to really see a true long term effect on my skin, but even the short term effects were somewhat negligible and somewhat invisible. A few days while using these products, my skin started forming a few pimples, and whether or not this is due to the products is unknown but the coincidence is making me a bit hesitant to consider buying these products for extended use. Overall as fun as it was to receive these products and give them all a daily try, I unfortunately don’t believe I will continue using these specific products. I do appreciate NEOGEN and Picky allowing me to give these products a shot, and I mostly blame my finicky combination skin for the failure of these products to make a true difference for my skin. #pickyreview #gopicky #NEOGENpicky
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
Dermalogy Real Vita C Serum

NEOGEN
Dermalogy Real Vita C Serum

star rating

(355)

favorite

Dermalogy Real Flower Cleansing Water Calendula

NEOGEN
Dermalogy Real Flower Cleansing Water Calendula

star rating

(304)

favorite

Dermalogy Real Ferment Micro Essence

NEOGEN
Dermalogy Real Ferment Micro Essence

star rating

(491)

favorite

upvote

comment

8 Comments

SskinN user profile picture

SskinN

Oily/Sensitive

thanks for sharing! it's really cute ❤
upvote

comment

britishshorthair user profile picture

britishshorthair

Oily/Resilient

thanks for the review!
upvote

comment

britishshorthair user profile picture

britishshorthair

Oily/Resilient

thanks for the review!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!