picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

onekidsskincare user profile picture

onekidsskincare

Oily/Resilient

dot58 Views

“holy grail” overused?

what do you all think about the title “holy grail” given to products? i feel like i see people giving that status out left & right & im like i thought the point of a “holy grail” product was that it’s the one product you can’t live without?? not just that new sunscreen that worked for you? it seems overused to me but i’ve just been thinking about it & wondered what you all thought!
upvote

comment

3 Comments

sevyoktav user profile picture

sevyoktav

Oily/Resilient

I think “Holy Grail” means this product contains good ingredients and no bad ingredients for your skin. Honestly are you really live with “one product”?
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

My guess would be that's due to so many people reviewing products that they have won in giveaways etc and usually tend to give overly positive reviews, sometimes after using a product only for a week or so - not really possible to see the effects that quickly. I only have a couple of holy grails personally, that I have used at least for months continuously and I'm convinced they do wonders for my skin. But each to their own, some people are naturally more positive and everything's amazing. I'm a sceptical person and I need to be absolutely convinced because there's so much misinformation that the best we can do for each other, and generally online, is - be honest.
upvote

comment

enne user profile picture

enne

Oily/Resilient

oh i’m with you. i only consider a product my HOLY GRAIL if i’ve used it for years and will keep using it. i think the term might get a little mixed up since picky’s review system and skin matching system use the terms too. like a 5 star on review says it’s a holy grail except i don’t consider all products i rate 5 stars as HG. they’re amazing products i love and would purchase again, not necessarily HG. if people are generous at declaring something a holy grail, that’s on them. and i know better than anyone that one person’s holy grail can be another’s trash fire so i take everything with a grain of salt anyway
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!