picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Ingredients

elitaaall user profile picture

elitaaall

Oily/Resilient

dot361 Views

My skin doesn't like niacinamide! Am I the only one?

Hi picky users, I realise that in most of the products in our routine contains niacinamide. I ALSO realise that niacinamide is a HG raved by many. My skin can tolerate routines with niacinamides, however, whenever I try to start slow (5% niacinamide serums) it gives my skin tiny bumps and whiteheads... no matter what the brand is. I just want to know if I'm not alone! πŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

16 Comments

MagdaG  user profile picture
picky squad user badge

MagdaG

Oily/Resilient

This sounds like purging, niacinamide usually does that. In time it will eventually get better at tolerating it, but you can try mixing it with your moisturizer and see how it goes πŸ€—
upvote

comment

elitaaall

Oily/Resilient

ive tried it for a month or so... and i dont think my purging lasts that long! but that is possible tho😊 thanks for the advice!
upvote

comment

lady24k user profile picture

lady24k

Oily/Resilient

hmm perhaps you can still use 2%?πŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

elitaaall

Oily/Resilient

i can go up to 4% as long as its combined with soothing ingredients like propolis
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

At first I had niacin flushing but it's all good now. That's only at 5% though
upvote

comment

elitaaall

Oily/Resilient

i got niacin flushing only when i take niacin orally, but i dont experience burns and redness when i apply it onto my face..
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Have you tried only 5%? Because I experienced the same and I discovered that a lot of products I use with have Niacinamide. But when I left them out my skin was handling the Niacin really well. If not then I would stop using it for a while and building up your tolerance. Or maybe try to mix it in your moisturizer or other serums.
upvote

comment

elitaaall

Oily/Resilient

ive tried 5% for a month but i still experienced undesirable results, ended up usinf 4% along with propolis! the only niacinamide i can tolerate... but i think its a good idea! 😊
Royal Vita Propolis 33 Ampoule

Dr. Ceuracle
Royal Vita Propolis 33 Ampoule

star rating

(117)

favorite

upvote

comment

vuxo user profile picture

vuxo

Oily/Sensitive

No you are not the only one 😭😭😭 I’ve also noticed that my skin can’t tolerate much niacinamide. It never improved my skin and some high percentage products even cause me acne. I hope this will get better one day 😭😭
upvote

comment

elitaaall

Oily/Resilient

what are the reasons you chose niacinamide? perhaps we can just replace it with other ingredients 😻 like alpha arbutin/tranexamic acid/vitamin c for brightening or salicylic acid for acne and oil control..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!