picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Ingredients

themoisturemanifesto user profile picture

themoisturemanifesto

Dry/Sensitive

dot356 Views

Opinions on Azelaic Acid?

Ever since I’ve heard of the effects of azelaic acid I’ve been in the search for a product. There are not a lot of products containing azelaic acid (compared to other active ingredients) on the market but I had the opportunity to test two. The first one I’ve used was not so good for my skin since it burned and flushed my skin (even though this ingredients target redness and irritation) which was probably because of its formulation (the cream had cristallized which was shows that it was not so stable). However with the second one I’m using I can see why this ingredients is being talked about a lot lately. Overnight it controls my redness and irritation and helps slightly to exfoliate my skin and clear out my pores. What are your opinoins on azelaic acid? Have you ever tried OTC azelaic acid products?
upvote

comment

12 Comments

Maria23 user profile picture

Maria23

Dry/Sensitive

I love azelaic acid. I'm currently using adapalene and azelaic acid to control my acne. Actually I'm using a derivative of azelaic acid to start with, and it's been pretty good. After i finish this one I'll go with actual azelaic acid.
101 APAD 20% Azelaic Acid Derivative Serum

Geek & Gorgeous
101 APAD 20% Azelaic Acid Derivative Serum

star rating

(17)

favorite

Azelaic Acid 10% Serum with Niacinamide

Cos de Baha
Azelaic Acid 10% Serum with Niacinamide

star rating

(74)

favorite

upvote

comment

themoisturemanifesto

Dry/Sensitive

Same! Im also using adapalene and azelaic acid. Currently using a product with 15% azelaic acid (Isispharma) and I really like it. Thanks for the recommendations!
Metroruboril A.Z

Isispharma
Metroruboril A.Z

star rating

(22)

favorite

upvote

comment

remedyforbeauty user profile picture
super picky user badge

remedyforbeauty

Oily/Sensitive

I love the PC azalaic acid, but now currently using Rx Finacea 15% Azalaic and love it ✅🧴
Azelaic Acid 15% Gel

Finacea
Azelaic Acid 15% Gel

star rating

(10)

favorite

upvote

comment

abc1111 user profile picture

abc1111

Oily/Resilient

I was obsessed with azelaic acid and tried a bunch of different brands. Most are gritty since AzA comes in powder form and is hard to formulate. I’ve found my favorites now, they are Paula’s Choice Azelaic Acid Booster and the hard-to-find-in-the-US Metroruboril AZ.
10% Azelaic Acid Booster

Paula's Choice
10% Azelaic Acid Booster

star rating

(127)

favorite

Metroruboril A.Z

Isispharma
Metroruboril A.Z

star rating

(22)

favorite

upvote

comment

themoisturemanifesto

Dry/Sensitive

I am also using the Metroruboril since its way more cheap in Europe!
upvote

comment

K

kumlerc

Oily/Resilient

I also want to try azelaic acid
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback! event

Picky x Benton TikTok Shop Cashback | Try Benton Products, Get Cashback!

Audience

All Users

Deadline

May 20th

picky coins1000
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!