picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Routine Help

binibini41 user profile picture

binibini41

Oily/Resilient

dot64 Views

Scheduling use of actives, any help, please?

Hi, Picky Community. I started using Adapalene (Differin) last Sunday and I still plan to use my 2% Salycilic Acid (Paula's Choice) during the week. Also, I have mugwort claymask (Isntree) which I look into squeezing in. If my schedule allows me to apply Adapalene on Sundays, when should I use the two other products listed above? Thank you!
upvote

comment

4 Comments

nattyskinfan user profile picture

nattyskinfan

Oily/Sensitive

Derms usually suggest only exfoliating a couple times a week, so you could try using the salicylic acid Tuesday and Saturday to space it out a bit. Then maybe try the mask on Thursday to get that goodness in too 😊 That way you still have some downtime without actives to let your skin recover from the adapalene and exfoliation. Hope this helps! 💕
upvote

comment

binibini41

Oily/Resilient

I will take note of this. Thank you!
upvote

comment

themoisturemanifesto user profile picture

themoisturemanifesto

Dry/Sensitive

I think a good one would be Monday: calming hydrating routine Tuesday: BHA Wednesday: Mugwort mask Thursday: calming hydrating routine Friday: BHA Saturday: calming hydrating routine Sunday: adapalene
upvote

comment

binibini41

Oily/Resilient

Thank you, I will consider this, too.
upvote

comment

mbong user profile picture

mbong

Dry/Sensitive

adapalene (or other retinoids) should be used 4-5 times a week while other actives (like bha) should be used 2-3 times per week. maybe use adapalene 4 days per week, salicylic acid 2 days per week, and a clay mask 1 day per week. good luck !
upvote

comment

mbong user profile picture

mbong

Dry/Sensitive

my personal routine is: adapalene 5 times per week and BHA 2 times per week. make sure to space out when you use salicylic acid to allow your skin to recover.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!