picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

cakefacebrit user profile picture

cakefacebrit

Dry/Sensitive

dot98 Views

Cystic Acne/Hormonal

I’ve had an ongoing issue with such bad breakouts and it seems like once I hit my mid-20’s is when everything changed and went downhill for me as far as my skin goes. I break out constantly, blackheads on my nose & a little on my chin, cystic acne on my chin as well as around my mouth and sometimes I have the hormonal acne in those areas and around my hairline, cheeks, nose, forehead, & even the back of the neck! My facial skin is now bumpy, textured, dry and can be oily around the nose here and there very rarely though. I did stop taking birth control and I am wondering if that may help me if I started taking it again? I just don’t find the reason to take BC when I am single and haven’t been sexually active. (Sorry for the TMI) Any products you guys could recommend to me would mean so much to help me get back to clear skin. I’m a makeup lover and I can’t really enjoy my makeup because it looks absolutely disgusting over top of textured, dry, patchy and broken out skin! Any help is very much appreciated ❤️✨
upvote

comment

3 Comments

samanwong user profile picture

samanwong

Dry/Resilient

Hi! I am not a dermatologist but for me, I tend to avoid any skincare products containing oil. I used mostly water-based products. Any toner or serum that are clear-looking works for me. I avoid using cream moisturizer too. For me, hydration is very important. I myself can't avoid hormonal acne too so perhaps u can see a dermatologist for that. 😊
upvote

comment

matchaa4 user profile picture

matchaa4

Oily/Resilient

better to consult a dermatologist.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!