picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

Hanne user profile picture

Hanne

Oily/Sensitive

dot125 Views

Vitamin c? Nah! Retinol??

Hi people! With black friday coming i’m making a wishlist :). I tried 3 kinds of vitamin C (the ordinary, melano cc and Hema) and i can not say i saw very much difference in my skin before and now. It’s possible my skin got better (less acne and cleared up my cne scars) but nog very noticable. I am prone to black and whiteheads and have sensitive skin. I thought of retinol but i want to now if there are other options. I already use acids as mandelic and lactic acid and i like them on my skin. But I want to use something to help not get pimples. IF you suggest retinol, which one? I am Also afraid of the purging stage 🙃 thank you in advance 🥰
upvote

comment

5 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

You can try products with BHA and AHA to prevent and get rid of blackheads and whiteheads. COSRX and Isntree have good products for that! If you want to try retinol I really love the one from The Ordinary 🥰 I hope this helps.
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

star rating

(1813)

favorite

BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

COSRX
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

star rating

(1047)

favorite

Retinol 0.5% in Squalane

The Ordinary
Retinol 0.5% in Squalane

star rating

(104)

favorite

Chestnut BHA 2% Clear Liquid

ISNTREE
Chestnut BHA 2% Clear Liquid

star rating

(183)

favorite

upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

If you like the acids you’re using now I don’t see the need to add more acid. For retinol, these are gentle ones. Not everyone experience purging though, I had about 2 weeks very slight purging with The Ordinary nothing crazy.
Hanne user profile picture

Hanne

Oily/Sensitive

I like the acids but they are not enough. They work for when i get acne to clear it up but I would like to prevent it a little bit more if rhat makes sense ☺️. thanks for you recommendations!
upvote

comment

skinadviceal user profile picture

skinadviceal

Oily/Resilient

I would suggest you to start the retinol journey with the ordinary retinol in squalane 0.2% start slowly and use it only in your PM routine. Other days when you will not use retinol you may continue use lactic acid 2 times a week max. I would suggest you too keep using Vitamin C in the morning every day. You may not see results now but belive me when you will be 35+ you will be very grateful that you have used it.
mdute user profile picture

mdute

Oily/Resilient

If it’s available to you and you can afford it I suggest Medik8 for retinoids. You can start with Retinol3 (0.3%) or Retinal1 (0.1%). The formulations are very nice, and with suggested use, don’t cause any side effects.

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!