picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

dot79 Views

HELP!!! ALCOHOL DENAT

Hello, I consider myself a newbie to skincare, but I heard that alcohol denat is not good for your skin and the products that have this ingredient should be avoided. I am concerned about this because many sheet masks that I use have alcohol denat in it. Is alcohol denat so bad?πŸ˜• (I know that hand sanitizer contains alcohol denat (at least 60%) that is used as a germ killer) Please share your opinion with me
upvote

comment

7 Comments

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

It depends on the formula of the product instead of just one sole ingredient. I have a holy grail sunscreen with denature alcohol and toner with denature alcohol but it did not dry my skin because it is balance with other emollient in the formula. I once used a skincare set that had no denatured alcohol in it but it was drying to my skin. If that sheet mask works for you, it works for you. Dont let list or other people sway you the other way because skin is different. If you do feel dry then the formula may not work for you.
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you!!!!! 😊 You clarified the concept of alcohol denat for me!!!!!!
upvote

comment

aimfortheGLOW user profile picture

aimfortheGLOW

Dry/Sensitive

this is what I go off of for good and bad alcohol in products.
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you!!!!! 😊😊 I'm going to save this as a reminder for good and bad alcohols.
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Generally it's best to be avoided but you should also be able to tell if it irritates your skin or not. Don't waste your sheet masks if you like them - use them up and try something without it next time. I know that alcohol denat definitely doesn't agree with me, but it doesn't affect everyone equally bad.
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

I definitely agree with you! Thank you!!!!!!☺️
upvote

comment

K

kale

Oily/Resilient

it depends on how much alcohol denat there is and how your skin tolerates it. if the sheet masks work for you then keep on using them πŸ₯°
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks a lot!!!!!! πŸ₯°
upvote

comment

alexandracgunawan user profile picture

alexandracgunawan

Oily/Resilient

it actually depends.. Usually (not always) alcohol denat is included in the formula to make the texture lighte and more bearable (I think this is the common cause for alcohol in sunscreens).. Another point, most of the time it is paired/coupled with emollients and moisturizing ingredients to counteract the dryness of alcohol while getting that lighter texture I mentioned earlier. however, if you use a product with alcohol or alcohol denat in it and it dries your skin out badly, it is best to avoid it since alcohol can be drying and or irritating on some people. in the case of hand sanitizers, they are high in % bcs hand sanitizers kill germs (sanitize) on your hands.. Some hand sanitizers are gels or watery sprays, so not much moisturizing ingredients there - which causes hands to become somewhat dry..
upvote

comment

M

Miminii

Dry/Sensitive

Thank you soooooo much!!!!! ☺️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!