picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Sheydawm user profile picture

Sheydawm

Dry/Resilient

dot624 Views

Retinol burn 😩 what can I do?

Retinol was never really something that I was interested in. I know a few people that deal with hormonal acne that told me it helped them alot. Also a friend of mine had a skin condition which is like an auto immune desease (not sure of the name). He also told me it helped him. Then recently I heard it’s helping alot against fine lines. I was starting with 0,3 to 0,5 over like 2 months. I saw the lines dissapeared. After 4 weeks I saw a little improvement so I wanted to Dose up to 1% and well then i dealt with the worse retinol burn ever. Since I’m new to this. Is it ok to use retinol with a dry skin? Dry skin + retinol a no go? Did you guys experience retinol burn already? Should I Dose down or hang in there until my skin gets used of it? Thank You guys so much ❤️
upvote

comment

64 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I think your skin did not have time to adjust to that retinol percentage. I would go back to the lower concentration that your skin was able to tolerate and keep using it for like 3 months. If you keep seeing progress with that concentration I would not go higher.
upvote

comment

matchaa4 user profile picture

matchaa4

Oily/Resilient

so true
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

Do increase your concentration slowly. What can be done, recommended by dermatalogist is basically to do this sandwich layering method with a hydrating moisturizer, moisturizer-retinol-moisturizer. You apply a layer of moisturizer before and after retinol.
upvote

comment

M

mmary

Oily/Sensitive

First of all you need to calm your skin. I would just don't use retinol for 1 or 2 weeks, than start using it from lower concentration. And use a sandwich method always. For dry skin you can use backuchiol or peptides to decrease the lines. And retinol has a long result to wait, up to 6 months, when you don't increase concentration
upvote

comment

Alaaaabuquta user profile picture

Alaaaabuquta

Oily/Resilient

I rekomend you to follow the sandwich method. Apply a hydrating serum first then retinol and at last hydrating cream. you need to apply retinol just once a week if you skin doesn’t tolerate it.
upvote

comment

foodiexbeautie user profile picture

foodiexbeautie

Oily/Resilient

take a pea sized amount of retinol
upvote

comment

Picky86133 user profile picture

Picky86133

Oily/Sensitive

That is an awesome recommandation❤🌹🌹🌹🌹
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!