picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Livingwithleesa user profile picture

Livingwithleesa

Oily/Resilient

dot776 Views

To spf or not?

I’ve been working from home lately and haven’t really left the house in a long time. I know, I should get some fresh air and daylight… but too lazy though 🥲. I have a lot of lotions with spf in them but I haven’t been outside to even use these lotions. Do you still apply spf when you know you won’t be in direct sunlight?
upvote

comment

81 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I disagree with the previous comments as this is highly dependent on your circumstances. Lab muffin did a detailed video on this explaining it. Where I live, it's been UV index 0-1 pretty much every day for weeks. So no, there is hardly any point for me to wear a sunscreen indoors. You can never achieve 100% protection anyway. If you do live in a tropical country however, you will likely need to wear a sunscreen indoors throughout the year. Coincidentally though, people weren't preaching to wear sunscreen indoors regardless of the circumstances before the pandemic started and everyone stopped going outside - some might guess that sunscreen sales needed a boost... 🧐
upvote

comment

Livingwithleesa user profile picture

Livingwithleesa

Oily/Resilient

I love this answer! and we have to consider some windows do have UVA/UVB blockers. I like the skeptism on the likely marketing tatic of boosting sales too.
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

Apply spf indoor, on rainy days and when it snowing…UV radiation reflects off everything and comes through windows
upvote

comment

Beautyaleert user profile picture

Beautyaleert

Dry/Sensitive

there is no case scenario where the "no" is a valid answer. Spf is key to having a healthy and beautiful skin. no matter the weather, no matter the circumstances (home or outdoors), we need to use spf regularly. for me, the only difference is that I might not reapply as regularly as I should when I'm home, otherwise, it's the same! ☺️❤✌🏻
upvote

comment

Smartskin101 user profile picture

Smartskin101

Oily/Resilient

that’s not always the case, as you need to take into account UV index. For example if you’re UV index where you live is pretty low there’s not much of a need to wear sunscreen indoors. Some windows also have UV blockers, etc. 💕 💕
upvote

comment

Ptreadaway user profile picture

Ptreadaway

Dry/Resilient

I always put on spf, if I don’t leave the house then oh well, if I do then I’m covered.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!