picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Ingredients

sydneyreviews user profile picture

sydneyreviews

Dry/Sensitive

dot224 Views

Retinoid vs Retinol?

I’m currently on differin which I believe is a retinoid. I’ve been watching a lot of skincare videos lately and the most recommended ingredient is retinol. Does anyone know the difference between a retinoid and retinol? Do I need to add retinol in my skincare routine still? Thank you in advance! πŸ™
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Ruthieandskincare user profile picture

Ruthieandskincare

Dry/Resilient

RETINOID is an umbrella term for all Vitamin A. Retinol is part of the Retinoid cascade. In order of strength (strongest to weakest) Tazarotine tretinoin Retinal Retinol Retinol Palmitate Retinol esters. As you go higher up the cascade it gets more effective BUT irritation is also higher and some are unable to tolerate them. Higher dose not equate effectivity. As for need, ill ask back, whats your skin concern first?
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Perfectly explained! πŸ‘
upvote

comment

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

From what my friend told me that retinol & retinoid are similar it just that retinoid are more powerful. you can read more here https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/retinoid-vs-retinol
upvote

comment

sydneyreviews user profile picture

sydneyreviews

Dry/Sensitive

thank you ☺️
upvote

comment

qilss user profile picture
picky squad user badge

qilss

Oily/Resilient

Everything Ruthie said. She explained it perfectly! πŸ‘πŸ€©
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!