picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Product Info

AnneMarie91 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

dot52 Views

The Potions: the korean the Ordinary ? My thoughts.

I received 3 medium-sized ampoules (or serums) of 20mL to hydrate 💦 my skin and I want to share my thoughts. This Deep Hydration Trio is made of : a Hyaluronic Acid Ampoule a Peptide Ampoule a Jojoba Oil Serum Those products are single-ingredient skincare product just like the Ordinary or The Inkey List. HOW I USE IT I like to use it during the evening for my extensive night time skincare routine to replenish my skin and provide it maximum hydration. I apply first the Hyaluronic Acid Ampoule on damp skin, then the Peptides Ampoule and to finish the jojoba oil serum and then my moisturizer. HOW DOES IT FEEL  - The Hyaluronic Acid and the Peptides Ampoules feels hydrating and light on the skin. The texture is not watery and it is almost like a gel it binds water to the skin. The jojoba oil serum is super lightweight. I was super skeptical about it at first. But I used it today for the first time and it is not greasy at oil and super light. Every skin type can enjoy it, even my combo/oily dehydrated skin ! PROS ➕: - No scent - No irritation or minimal risk of irritation because it is a single-ingredient formula (water + glycol + active ingredient or 100 % oil) - Super hydrating and perfect to minimize Transepidermal waterloss at night - Plump the skin and make it supple -Not sticky - Cute and minimalist packaging Cons : - Because those are Single-ingredient products, it maximises the steps in a routine and make you use 3 serums for hydration where you could just use 1 or 2. For example, Peptides and hyaloronic acid could have been formulated in one ampoule. - The size is smaller than standards serum or ampoule, only 20 mL. Conclusion: This brands looks a lot like the ordinary because it is a single-ingredient skincare brand. I cannot compare the products because I never tried TO HA or Peptides but the principle is the same and the packaging as simple as the ordinary but cuter. I am not a fan of single ingredients formula because it is the opposition of minimalism for me. I prefer multiactive and multipurpose sérum. For me it was overwhelming to test all 3 products at the same time. I don't like having to many serums to put on. Overall I like the product individually.
carousel
upvote

comment

1 Comment

cilynnd user profile picture

cilynnd

Oily/Resilient

love this review! so detailed!! i loved the ordinary so this was very helpful
upvote

comment

AnneMarie91 user profile picture
picky squad user badge

AnneMarie91

Oily/Resilient

thank you I thought nobody care because there are so many discussion on the same topic. please note that I never tried the fameuse HA + B5 sérum from TO and the buffet sérum to compare the products in terms of texture and effect but too me the principle behind the brand The Potions is really similar: minimal ingredient list( single active ingredient), dropper bottle packaging for each product, the possibility to mix actives, minus the affordability of the Ordinary. I tried some serums of the ordinary and i did not like the texture and the oily feel on my skin with the korean brand i have no oily feeling.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!