picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Skin Concern

ZYuli user profile picture

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

dot68 Views

Changing skintype🤔

Does your skintype change due to the weather? I’ve noticed that my cheeks have gotten super dry and flaky. I had an oily T-zone but my forehead and chin are more on the normal side now. (My nose is still super oily) Has anyone experienced the same thing? And do you have tips to manage the dryness? I use cerave milky hydrating lotion and a thick layer of uriage cica cream (and ofcours i cleans my face and use sunscreen!). It doesn’t really help :/
Moisturizing Lotion (EU)

CeraVe
Moisturizing Lotion (EU)

star rating

(94)

favorite

Bariéderm Cica-Cream

Uriage
Bariéderm Cica-Cream

star rating

(14)

favorite

upvote

comment

9 Comments

hexamuted user profile picture

hexamuted

Dry/Resilient

so I don’t have oily skin at all - my skin is always quite dry but in the winter it gets painfully dry. flaky and red and almost rash like. a humidifier helps, even just a little USB powered one. it helps combat dry cold air. you could also try spritzing your face throughout the day and sealing it with a moisturizer each time but that won’t work if you’re wearing makeup of course. drinking a lot of water (or tea or whatever - just liquids) can help a lot. they say hydrating doesn’t help with your complexion but trust me, you can 100% tell a difference when you’re consistently hydrated. not only will your skin be less dry, it will look fuller and more flush. it’s all around a good idea. the last tip I have is to use an occlusive at night. I think it’s called slugging. essentially you do your skincare routine and after your moisturizer/oil, you use something like Vaseline or Aquaphor and slather that stuff all over your face. it works kind of like a sheet mask or silicone mask. it keeps your skincare from evaporating so it stays sinking into your skin. obviously only at night though. I wouldn’t go out in public with Vaseline all over my face.
upvote

comment

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for sharing your tips and thoughts!
upvote

comment

hexamuted user profile picture

hexamuted

Dry/Resilient

oh! also try to stay away from hot water. it will exacerbate the dryness. 🖤
upvote

comment

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for the tip!
upvote

comment

LilacLuna user profile picture
super picky user badge

LilacLuna

Dry/Sensitive

My skin sounds very similar to yours! I’m oily/combo during the warmer months but as soon as cold weather hits my skin changes to dry/combo. The things I’ve found that help are applying your products while your skin is still a bit damp after washing. I feel like if I let my skin dry out completely it doesn’t fully bounce back not matter what products I use. I also recommend trying a cream moisturizer rather than a lotion. I find that lotions aren’t hydrating enough for my skin this time of year and thicker creams are what I need. Some products that I swear by are COSRX snail mucin and Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream. Both are really great for dry, irritated skin! Good luck! It took some time to figure out what worked for me but I eventually got there 😅 Hope you find a routine that works soon!
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

star rating

(3017)

favorite

Ceramidin Cream

Dr. Jart+
Ceramidin Cream

star rating

(111)

favorite

upvote

comment

ZYuli

Oily/Sensitive

thank you for the tips and recommendations!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!