picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

therealchelsea user profile picture

therealchelsea

Oily/Resilient

dot45 Views

Need suggestions for pre-teen acne

My 12-year-old daughter gets acne in the T-zone. While she’s well equipped with a lot of product and devices, I think she’s overwhelmed and would do better with a simpler routine. I don’t want anything harmful on her skin, like the ingredients in some popular US lines. Any suggestions would be so appreciated! I am looking for quality, but don’t want to break the bank in case it’s ineffective. Thanks in advance for responding!
carousel
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

What did you mean by 'equipped with devices'? It's best to avoid most skincare devices. And you're right, she doesn't need a complex routine. Cleanser and moisturiser/spf is all she needs. I'd suggest a cleanser like cerave or panoxyl in the PM to gently treat acne and a gentle cleanser or just cleanse with water in the AM routine. Sorry don't have any moisturiser recommendations that would be readily available in the US, but look for something non comedogenic - squalane is a great ingredient for oily skin. Avoid ingredients like Alcohol denat, strong fragrances and other common irritants. Also if she wears make up, she shouldn't use make up wipes to remove it - instead use micellar water and follow up with a cleanser.
Acne Creamy Wash Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Daily Control

PanOxyl
Acne Creamy Wash Benzoyl Peroxide 4% Daily Control

star rating

(36)

favorite

SA Smoothing Cleanser

CeraVe
SA Smoothing Cleanser

star rating

(619)

favorite

Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash

Simple
Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash

star rating

(77)

favorite

upvote

comment

therealchelsea

Oily/Resilient

Thanksgiving for responding. I meant the ultrasonic cleaning devices. Done worry; I’m not giving her things to use that aren’t safe for her! she also has innocuous items like gua shas and jade rollers, bc they’re trending on social media… I recognize that CeraVe makes some fantastic products and I’ve really enjoyed their body lotions. My daughter is quite opposed to animal testing, however, and won’t use product from corporations that sell on mainland China or aren’t either Leaping Bunny certified or PETA endorsed. I will check on panoxyl - I think I used their acne cream as a teen. At least the little one is principled! I’m completely receptive to international lines, should you know of any.
upvote

comment

therealchelsea

Oily/Resilient

Thank you so much! Yes, she’s got opinions! Fortunately, I agree with most of them. I really appreciate the product recommendations and esp the influencer recommend. My daughter happens to love and engage in social media. I’ll definitely check out the recommended lines (I’ve seen pics with Pacifica products but have never used them). I really appreciate the response! Have a fantastic weekend!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!