picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

P

Picky23854

Oily/Resilient

dot79 Views

Sebaceous filaments and black heads

For all of my life i have struggled with black heads and what i have recently learned are sebaceous fillaments... I was wondering if anyone had any tips and tricks or special products they use to clean out pores from black heads and sebaceous filaments. I currently use retinol(Artnaturals serum and lotion) and niacinamide(the ordinary serum), which dont really seem to be helping the issue. From what i have read theres no way to completely get rid of this issue but there are certain ways to reduce their appearance. Ive heard using an oil cleanser is supposed to help? Has anyone tried this? And if so did it wok for you? Appreciate any help! Thank you!
upvote

comment

6 Comments

evrydayskin user profile picture

evrydayskin

Oily/Resilient

Oil cleansing helps! But I feel that a salicylic acid product reduced it more.
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

Paula's Choice
Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant

star rating

(619)

favorite

Chestnut BHA 2% Clear Liquid

ISNTREE
Chestnut BHA 2% Clear Liquid

star rating

(183)

favorite

upvote

comment

P

Picky23854

Oily/Resilient

You've tried oil cleansing? yes! i've heard that before i am however a bit more wary of it because Retinol and Niacinimide are usually not supposed to be paired with AHA's and BHA's. I have been thinking of getting rid of these ingredients in my routine because theyre very sensitive and have such a high number of ingredients that theyre not supposed to be paired with. Thanks for the help!
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

This has helped me significantly reduce whiteheads, blackheads & closed comedones 💚 I use it once a week. Since your skin is resilient, you may use it up to thrice weekly!
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

Some By Mi
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

star rating

(1234)

favorite

upvote

comment

JessiRU user profile picture

JessiRU

Oily/Resilient

This has helped me with sebaceous filaments.
Gentle Exfoliating Solution

elmt
Gentle Exfoliating Solution

star rating

(171)

favorite

upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Oil cleanser is one of many options to deal with blackhead, you can even combine sugar scrub with cleansing oil for gentle exfolaiation while doing double cleanse, but some research needs to be done in order for you to find the right oil. Not all oils are the same, oily skinned folks are often recommended oils with high content of linoleic acid (lighter) while dry skin is a better match to oleic acid (thicker oil). AHA and BHA are more popular for blackhead or sebaceous filaments though. Over exfoliating happened quite often so be aware.
Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil

THE FACE SHOP
Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil

star rating

(88)

favorite

BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

COSRX
BHA Blackhead Power Liquid

star rating

(1047)

favorite

Kale-Lalu-Yaha

Krave Beauty
Kale-Lalu-Yaha

star rating

(286)

favorite

upvote

comment

P

Picky23854

Oily/Resilient

Thank you! yes it seems like most people recommend BHA's over oil cleansing, I was just trying to get around BHA's because they usually dont combine well with other ingredients in my existing skincare routine. I appreciate the recommendation!
upvote

comment

Bazz user profile picture
super picky user badge

Bazz

Dry/Resilient

I had these stubborn sebaceous fillament on the side of my nose that won’t go away even with BHA. Once I tried Clinique Lotion 2, for two weeks, they were gone.
Clarifying Lotion 2

Clinique
Clarifying Lotion 2

star rating

(38)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!