picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

N

newbietoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

dot50 Views

Patch test

Hello! I’ve read that we all should patch test before we using the product on our face. I tried patch testing on my temple and there was a cyst pimple but it’s not painful. Does this mean that, my skin will purge when I use it on my whole face ? And should I continue using it? P/s: it’s a PR product from a brand. How should I go about it ?
upvote

comment

2 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

From the reaction of your skin I would think the product might be comedegenic since it induced the formation of a pimple. I would repeat the patch test and if you get the same result I would not bother using the product and explain how your skin reacted to it. If you don't get a reaction from the second patch test, I would give it a try on your whole face. I hope this helps 😊
upvote

comment

N

newbietoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much for the tips!
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

It’s likely to cause you to have the same reaction. This will be your decision to give the product a chance or not. I’ve got a PR product that cause me comedones in just 3 days using which I already expected to happen when looking at the ingredients but I decided to give it a try for a week, stop using after that and go on with my review.
upvote

comment

N

newbietoskincare

Oily/Sensitive

thank you sm! will see how my skin reacts to it ❤️❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!