picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

Peppiemint user profile picture

Peppiemint

Dry/Sensitive

dot57 Views

Diet for Hormonal Acne?

Hello everyone! Has anyone suffered through hormonal acne and have recommendations for diet changes to keep the acne at bay? I found this challenging and tried to eat clean which got rid of the acne for a few months but it returned in a gruesome manner. I had tried a vegan diet but like I said, it was only temporary. Also, if yoy have any product or lifestyle recommendations for hormonal acne, please share in the discussion. ☺️
upvote

comment

2 Comments

mochiface user profile picture

mochiface

Dry/Sensitive

I find a low-carb diet to be helpful
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

This isn't one of those things that one diet fits all hormonal acne scenarios I'm afraid. Hormones levels are affected by so many things that a diet that worked for someone else, could actually make your acne worse. Best to check with your doctor and get your hormone levels tested. More common triggers are diary and sugar, otherwise a healthy balanced diet and lots of hydration is the best way to go. For me personally diet has no impact on my acne and hormonal acne cleared after I went on a pill (not a recommendation just personal experience).
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!