Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Other

cariadsbeauty user profile picture
super picky user badge

cariadsbeauty

Dry/Resilient

dot43 Views

Ren AHA glow tonic

I used this product for the first time today as I had it in my advent calendar. Wow I read basic instructions but my face is on fire πŸ”₯ still 3 hours later. I'm wondering why or if there's any tips or tricks too it.
upvote

comment

4 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

Oh no!! I hope you've applied something soothing to calm your skin! I suggest a basic routine for next few days so your skin feels better πŸ’“
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

cariadsbeauty

Dry/Resilient

I put some cica cream on it helped little its about 4 hours mow it's tingling
upvote

comment

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Don't know the ingredients or the concentration for that tonic, but some people are very sensitive to AHAs - glycolic acid in particular. The alternative would be to go for lactic or mandelic acid instead. However even though I have resilient skin, my skin hates leave on products with AHAs so I go for the ones that need to be rinsed off - masks, cleansers etc.
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

cariadsbeauty

Dry/Resilient

my skin was in shock for sure il be careful I've read since too wet your pad with water before you use it and little product too dilute it.
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

Perhaps the concentration of AHA is too high for your skin! The best thing to do is to stop using AHA product/ any other acidic product, and use calming/soothing product if you have any (products containing centella asiatica). Product AHA needs to be introduce to skin gradually, and typically you are recommended to patch test it before applying to your skin. If the burning sensation prolonged, I advise you to see a dermatologist.
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

cariadsbeauty

Dry/Resilient

iv never used aha before iv heard about it read the basic instructions which were just use day and night thought nothing of it.... until my skin was on fire πŸ”₯ I got it in my advent calendar and heard good things so does make me wonder. perhaps there instructions need too be changed as someone who only heard of AHA through here maybe newbies like myself they should say patch test go too... if you get what I mean but my skins still burny tingling.
upvote

comment

super picky user badge

cariadsbeauty

Dry/Resilient

so update my skins still red tingling il never use that again
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!