picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

pickyglamqueen user profile picture

pickyglamqueen

Dry/Resilient

dot493 Views

Help me please!!!

How long do you keep your skin care products? I’m feeling like after 3 months are not as effective like the first 2 weeks of use, I’m the only one who feels the same? I’m not even like to keep the same products I like to change them every 3months maybe that’s my mistake? Help please ❤️
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

24 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

I keep the products until I use them up which for some serums it can be half a year. I don't see how a product can be the most effective for the first 2 weeks because with most it takes weeks to see any results - e.g. exfoliants, retinoids, vitamin c. And consistency is key to finding out what works best for your skin and actually being able to reap the benefits.
upvote

comment

MAX1972 user profile picture

MAX1972

Dry/Resilient

Thank you...I agree 🌺
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

IMO, I think basically the first two weeks is the period for the product start showing visible effects on your skin. After that, you're used to the effect and think it didn't give you that wow effect anymore although it gives you the same results. Or, your skin is getting used to some ingredients and not giving any visible changes anymore. So, some people don't consistently use the same product over and over, instead, they alternate their products to get the visible results. Or they might be the case, where people start increasing the concentration of the ingredients.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I don't think the products lose their effectiveness, rather they give you a "maximum effect" after which you cannot see noticeable progress anymore, but they still work to maintain that accumulated progress on your skin. I hope that makes sense 😊
upvote

comment

Melisa13 user profile picture

Melisa13

Dry/Sensitive

happened to me than i thought i can use other moisturizer without vit c, also results was better before than after. I am back to vit c moisturizer. 😊
upvote

comment

BeautyRx user profile picture

BeautyRx

Oily/Resilient

even I use my skincare products until I finish them up.. but also like my winter skincare is different than summers, especially moisturisers, and few serums I use them later and they work the same
upvote

comment

MariaMhddn user profile picture

MariaMhddn

Oily/Resilient

Same with me, my skin is oilier in the summer ☀️so I use a light water based moisturiser and in winter ❄️ I use a heavier moisturiser
upvote

comment

ItsAlly user profile picture

ItsAlly

Dry/Sensitive

Make sure to store theme in cold dry place read the instructions some of the products must be stored in cold place.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!