picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

kthrrn user profile picture

kthrrn

Dry/Resilient

dot965 Views

HA in winter?

Do you use hyaluronic acid during the winter months and why/why not? Now that the weather is getting colder, I’ve started noticing my skin getting uncomfortably tight and I suspect HA might be the culprit. Any thoughts?
upvote

comment

62 Comments

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

I’ve known that HA made my skin tight about last year when I was still a HA learner. Came to realize this humectant isn’t that “amazing” at all. People say to use it when your skin is still damp/wet but it also didn’t work. I do basic skincare every once a week and the only ingredient I avoid on that day besides actives and retinol is HA.
upvote

comment

kthrrn

Dry/Resilient

yeah, sort of what I was thinking. I just came back from a short weekend trip (during which I wasn’t using HA), and my skin was fine, but now that I’m back home and using it again, the tightness has returned.
upvote

comment

skintastica user profile picture
picky squad user badge

skintastica

Dry/Resilient

I noticed HA was drying me out and making my skin tight until I started putting a drop with my toner, it made a big difference.
upvote

comment

kthrrn

Dry/Resilient

I haven’t thought about it but you definitely made a good point here! the format is also important. personally,I find that I react to HA toners much better than serums.
upvote

comment

kiley67 user profile picture

kiley67

Dry/Resilient

I just tried a sleep mask with HA and I'm think my skin reacted to it. been battling a full face rash for days. that's what I get when I forget to spot test for a few days 🤣
upvote

comment

kthrrn

Dry/Resilient

aw I’m sorry to hear that :/ I’m so bad with spot testing, I just always wanna pile on MOOORREEE new skincare all at once
upvote

comment

Peppiemint user profile picture

Peppiemint

Dry/Sensitive

i do for hydration! Its in a lot of my other skincare products (ie moisturizer) but I use the MB dew drops to lock in moisture if I’m feeling particularly dry and follow up with some vaseline. (I can only tag the MB dew cream but the dew drops also exist and they are great because you need a small bit and its super hydrating). I have dry sensitive skin and have seen a dramatic difference with adding that and Vit C in my routine! Though, I have been using many actives previously. HA is a nice to have but not a need to have.
Mario Badescu  Hyaluronic Dew Cream

Mario Badescu
Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Dew Cream

star rating

(3)

favorite

upvote

comment

BeautyRx user profile picture

BeautyRx

Oily/Resilient

I mix HA with my essence for better results in winter as it is a humectant and it takes moisture for the environment, so I mix it with my essence which is hydrating so that it won’t make my skin dry and it works like that for me..
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!