picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

dot54 Views

Facial hair how to's

I never had like a really bad case of facial hair, even though it's quite dark and therefore visible. Most of the time I'd get my brows and forehead threaded (above lips area on occasion). But once I tried threading my whole face it kinda change my life - both positively and negatively. My skin was another level of smoothness, my face looked cleaner and I loved that my esthetician cleaned up my sideburns too. Ont the other hand, boy, was my skin irritated! They put Aloe Vera soothing gel on my face right after threading but I still experienced hundreds of small bumps all over my face in parts I never had them before. By the time I managed to calm that down, the hair grew out again lol So my questions are: 1. Is face waxing a better option of facial hair removal? How about dermaplanning and depilatory creams? It was actually hard to find these small facial razors where I live. 2. Is there any way to completely avoid irritation and small bumps in case of threading? Like a to-do list for before and after the procedure. I tried searching on Picky app and on the internet but somehow most people are interested in dermaplanning and it looks like hardly anyone gets anything threaded anymore haha 😄 So I'd really appreciate it if you shared your tips and experience ❤️
upvote

comment

2 Comments

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I've had both full face threading & waxing done. As much as I liked how smooth my skin felt initially, I couldn't deal with the irritation my skin experienced. A few years ago, I got an IPL package & I've been happy with the results! It's important to maintain a soothing, moisturizing routine for a few days after threading/waxing/dermaplaning/IPL.
upvote

comment

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

thank you very much for your insight 💞 I'll take note of it
upvote

comment

Boba04 user profile picture

Boba04

Dry/Sensitive

If it's only your sideburns, forehead and brows, it depends on your hair. Yes they are dark but are they thick? If that's the case then it won't do much because even though it's less irritating than waxing, the results won't last long. Waxing does give a clean skin for a longer time but it is painful and after effects such redness and irritation makes it a risky option. And as for threading, I got it done once but I irritation that looked like painful cuts. I would never do it again. Depending on your hair and your choice, you can try: -Waxing for your sideburns (if hair are thick) -Continue threading your brows, forehead and upper lips Or, another option could be laser or electrolysis.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!