picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

Wheng user profile picture

Wheng

Oily/Resilient

dot61 Views

WHAT IS IMPORTANT BRIGHTENING OR WHITENING PRODUCTS?

Hey fellow pickys squad what products do you prefer Brightening or Whitening? I know some of you are confusing same here too. But for my opinion I go on whitening because it can actually helps your skin. While Brightening products is for temporary only. Feel free to share yours.
upvote

comment

3 Comments

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

For me, brightening is a more realistic approach than whitening. It is because any skin tone can reach this state for as long as their skin is healthy since one of the indicators of healthy skin is the skin doesn't look dull. For whitening, on the other hand, is not that approachable for all skin tones, as the colour is also influenced by genetics and even with the most advanced technologies, it will only be able to reach a brighter state than before rather than until it becomes the opposite without some health risks that I dare to say, not that worth it. Aside from encouraging anyone to embrace their skin tone, it is also important for them to understand the difference between brightening and whitening and which one is more realistic and approachable and not. This is important so that they won't fall into the marketing trap that gives them false hopes and unrealistic expectations which not only will make them disappointed and always dissatisfied with what they have but also a serious problem in their mental and physical state.
upvote

comment

Wheng user profile picture

Wheng

Oily/Resilient

Thank you
upvote

comment

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

it’s brightening for me because whitening means makes your skin more fair while brightening help your skin to be brighter or erase the dullness and a bright skin means a healthy skin just imo.. every skin tone or colour could looks pretty as long as they are bright and even a white skin or fair could looks ugly if they are dull example like our queen Riri she has deep skin colour but her skin looks so pretty because it’s not dull it’s so bright as a sign of healthy skin so bright skin is more important to me.. tho as asian bright skin is not enough 😅 ppl still think fair skin is pretty but at least I didn’t look dull with my medium skin tone 😆
upvote

comment

kavk user profile picture

kavk

Dry/Sensitive

🤗❤️really informative discussion.. thanks for asking
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!