picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

nadianatasyaah user profile picture

nadianatasyaah

Oily/Resilient

dot56 Views

Skin fasting

Is there anyone who can explain about skin fasting? I've heard during skin fasting we don't really need to leave all our skincare routine. Sunscreen is still a must. Are "skin fasting" same with "back to basic"? And i'm also not sure about when we need doing skin fasting and what we get from that. Anyone could explain it?
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

For me, I do this quite often for many years without even knowing the terms for it. Did it mainly because I want my skin to take a break and have some time to breathe. As the beauty industry grows, we tend to layer more and more chemicals on our face. Is it all a must or is it all propaganda? Did our skin became dependent on the products? Having a friend that doesn't even own a cleanser, her skin is amazing! Skin fasting has so both positive and negative claims. Everyone's skin works differently, do what you think will work on you.
upvote

comment

nadianatasyaah

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for sharing your thought ✨😊
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

It is quite the same thing I guess. You do skin fasting when your problem isn't getting any better despite all the products you use and if anything, it is becoming worse as your skin is overwhelmed. This is the time you might need to consider skin fasting or back to basic, by cutting out active ingredients and only using products for basic needs. The first purpose is to calm your skin down because sometimes, unnecessary products are what causes unnecessary problems, despite what you might hear about various products and their claims. That's why we have to believe that our skin is already smart and knows what it needs, so we need to be more attentive towards its needs, which can be seen through various signs that appear on our skin. I once did skin fasting when experiencing acne like never before. It helped a lot, as well as made me realize that minimalist was what I needed of a routine. It also made me realize the importance of keeping our skin hydrated.
upvote

comment

nadianatasyaah

Oily/Resilient

ahh thankyou so much! So helpfull, really appreciate it✨❤️ I could understand now😊
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!