picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Ingredients

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

dot89 Views

[Ingredient Highlight] AHAs pt.1

🌼 What it is? •Alpha hydroxy acid •a chemical exfoliant •plants-derived acids •Water soluble > works on the surface of our skin •ph: ~3,5 •Forms: (Treatment) toners, serum, cleanser, ... 🌼Different Types of AHAs •Glycolic Acid •Mandelic Acid •Lactic Acid •Tartaric Acid •Malic Acid 🌼 How does it works? •Softens and dissolves the intracellular cement ("glue between the cells") •Exfoliates on the surface of our skin 🌼 Functions •Clears and prevent acne •Reduces redness & inflammation •Decrease the appearance of large pores •Fades pigmentation •Reduces fine lines and wrinkles •Anti inflammatory •Even out your skin tone •Promote collagen and blood flow 🌼 Compatible with: •BHA •Peptides •Azelaic Acid •Tranexamic Acid •Ceramides •Hyaluronic Acid •Alpha Arbutin 🌼 Best for: All skin AHAs are more gentle than BHAs. 🌼 Side effects •Can be drying •Can be irritating for you skin! •Can cause purging •Can cause break outs •Can cause overexfoliating 🌼 How to use it? •ALWAYS PATCH TEST!!! • Introduce it slowly into your routine! • And work your way up! • Use it in you PM routine! • Depends on your skin but 2-3 times a week should be fine • Apply after cleansing & before moisturizer • Apply it on your dry face • Use it continuously • Please wear SPF the next AM!! In the next discussion I'm going to introduce you the different types of AHAs :) Do you prefer AHAs or BHAs? And any recommendations for the next ingredient highlight? ♡
upvote

comment

7 Comments

J

JenikoMarcel

Oily/Sensitive

I prefer both of them. I began using a low percentage of them, and then I increase little by little.
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

COSRX
AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner

star rating

(1813)

favorite

Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence

ISNTREE
Clear Skin 8% AHA Essence

star rating

(221)

favorite

upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Ohh I really want to try both of those!
upvote

comment

Gongjunim user profile picture

Gongjunim

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for the information!
upvote

comment

J
picky squad user badge

Jeannie88

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for this 😊
upvote

comment

K

kumlerc

Oily/Resilient

this sounds amazing! I'm definitely looking into this!
upvote

comment

SkincareNerd user profile picture

SkincareNerd

Oily/Resilient

great post. I love acids and I started using them just an year ago. I am obsessed with the ordinary peel and I don’t think that anything is replacing it anytime soon.
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

The Ordinary
AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

star rating

(1780)

favorite

upvote

comment

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Ohh I really want to try this but my skin isn't ready yet. Currently I'm still using TO Lactic Acid.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!