picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

A

amurani

Dry/Sensitive

dot407 Views

Skincare order

Does anyone else feel iffy about the order you’re putting on products? I feel like once I put a heavier product on anything after becomes diluted. Anyone relate?
upvote

comment

48 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

Do you follow the order of thinnest to thickest? And you should wait a bit between steps so products don't mix with one another. The order should be cleanser - toner - serum/ampoule - moisturiser - oil - sunscreen. The steps would vary depending on your specific routine.
upvote

comment

A

amurani

Dry/Sensitive

Thanks for the info!! This is super helpful! I’ll try this out
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Please try to put thinnest products before thickest. Your product may not penetrate as deep in your skin as they should. And what I read that other user like to apply their products on damp skin maybe this will help you (but I personally don't enjoy it)
upvote

comment

A

amurani

Dry/Sensitive

thanks for the advice! I’ll try this
upvote

comment

Salma user profile picture

Salma

Oily/Resilient

I always go from the thinnest watery products to the more thicker creams. This also applies to essence and serums, since even tho essences are supposed to go first sometimes they're ticker than my serums. Oil goes in last since it's an occlusive that'll seal off your skincare.
upvote

comment

SarahES user profile picture

SarahES

Oily/Resilient

right! I was just about to comment and say that some essences end up being farther down the line. A lot of ppl think of them as watery but I have a few that are thick like moisturizer. Glad you mentioned that 😊
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

It’s always thinnest to thickest cleanser, serums, moisturizer and sunscreen
upvote

comment

Olinka user profile picture

Olinka

Oily/Sensitive

it's better thinnest to thickest serums, absorbs better!!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!