picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

I

ilovescincare

Oily/Resilient

dot113 Views

Very dry skin

Hello everyone! The last months my skin has became really dry. I use hydrating products, but I don't see any difference. Do you have any suggestions? Cream or mask? Anything would be helpful. Thanks! :)
upvote

comment

13 Comments

Yourskintellectual user profile picture

Yourskintellectual

Oily/Resilient

What do you use to lock the hydration in? Hydrating products need to be followed up with moisturising ingredients (emollients) and even occlusives sometimes to keep that hydration in.
upvote

comment

I

ilovescincare

Oily/Resilient

Well, i do use hydrating oils, but they don't do anything.
upvote

comment

clumpsymai user profile picture

clumpsymai

Dry/Sensitive

Have you tried slugging before? Slugging is a method we're you apply vaseline (very occlusive) at the end of your PM routine. In winter I always deal with dry skin and this method is the best to keep my skin in place. And like the user before said you can have as many hydrating products if you don't have a good moisturizer all the other products are useless.
upvote

comment

I

ilovescincare

Oily/Resilient

I didn't know about slugging! i will try it! thanks! Also, about the moisturiser I don't like the ones with rich texture because in the morning my face turns out oily. So, I use others, light moisturisers that don't really do the job right I think.
upvote

comment

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

These are a great hydrating combo 🥰
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

COSRX
Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence

star rating

(3017)

favorite

pH Balance Calming Toner

Pure'am
pH Balance Calming Toner

star rating

(177)

favorite

Authentic Barrier Cream Balm

Pure'am
Authentic Barrier Cream Balm

star rating

(113)

favorite

Super Glow Dew

Pure'am
Super Glow Dew

star rating

(97)

favorite

upvote

comment

I

ilovescincare

Oily/Resilient

Wow thank you very much for your suggestions, I'm going to check them out all of them ☺️
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

look for product with ceramide. i experienced this before, turns out damaged skin barrier.
upvote

comment

I

ilovescincare

Oily/Resilient

have never tried products with ceramide! I will find one and i will try it! thank you!
upvote

comment

icy2ya user profile picture

icy2ya

Dry/Sensitive

After washing your hands/face/body while the skin is still damp thats when you want to apply serums and moisturizers. An ointment or balm product on top of that will help a lot too. Also your bodywash or facewash may be a bit too stripping for winter time. Try switching to a more hydrating or lotion type cleanser/bodywash to help keep your skin from drying out. Keep to warm short showers no hot ones they will dry your skin out more.
Gentle Skin Cleanser

Cetaphil
Gentle Skin Cleanser

star rating

(537)

favorite

Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm

Aveeno
Eczema Therapy Itch Relief Balm

star rating

(7)

favorite

Moisturizing Cream

CeraVe
Moisturizing Cream

star rating

(517)

favorite

upvote

comment

I

ilovescincare

Oily/Resilient

you're right. i always wait to dry and then put on lotion or cream. i will try it while the face or the body is still damp. thanks a lot
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!