picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Skin Concern

J

Jk98

Dry/Resilient

dot64 Views

Irritating sunscreen

Okay so I’ve been using the La Roche-Posay Anthelois sunscreen for 2 months now because I heard that it’s good for people with sensitive eyes. But it’s been 3 weeks and yet My eyes have started to sting and water again just like with every other sunscreen. I’ve tried powdering (I only do a little because I’ve got dry skin and too much just makes my skin look yuck) and it helps for an hour or so. Is there something wrong with my eyes? Why does no sunscreen work? I’ve tried other mineral and hybrids but mineral ones just make my skin even more dry and hybrids also sing my eyes.
upvote

comment

2 Comments

MsK user profile picture

MsK

Oily/Sensitive

Check the active uv filters in each of the sunscreens you use and check off what they have in common - then look for sunscreens that have different filters and try those. Im sensitive to quite a few but with a process of elimination I have discovered which filters my skin is ok with. It's a hard task but I'm sure you will find something that your eyes are ok with. I hope you find your hg soon.
upvote

comment

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

I had the experience of eyes stinging with chemical sunscreen too, so I chose mineral one instead now. I agree with you that minerals sometimes can be drying, that's why I always make sure my skin is well-hydrated before applying it. How about your steps before sunscreen, is your skin hydrated enough?
upvote

comment

J

Jk98

Dry/Resilient

I try to keep it s as hydrated as possible but if I layer too much it starts pilling. I use the I’m from toner and used to use Cerave moisturising lotion but switched it out to the Klairs Midnight blue calming lotion instead. Could you recommend some mineral sunscreens to me?
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!