picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Opinion

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

dot635 Views

THINGS TO KNOW ON PICKY

I've been holding my tongue for really long time but seeing so many of SAME DISCUSSION posts about when is the shipping and SAME DISCUSSION posts about review of the product you won on Picky. I'm gonna just letting it all and pls pls pls read 1) Shipping: shipping in Picky give-away always take 6 weeks, if it's mega give-away then it will take even longer. If you're happen to be based in the country that the product is manufacturing from then the chance of you receiving it faster than everyone else is way higher. There are times you will receive the products even without getting any shipping updates at all so pls dun worry. If your product hasn't reach when it's nearing the deadline, just fill in the form in the email you receive when they were announcing the winner and choose "No" in the part "Have you receive your product" if not then you can email them. I understand there are a lot of ppl win for the first time on Picky and worry about the goods not arriving after so long yes I totally get it. But to see so many discussion post about the shipping I'm sure you guys can actually read the comments from those posts yes? Instead of posting it again and again and again asking about it. I've been replying the same answer to these comments that I literally just copy & paste my answer. 2) Review: PLS PLS PLS FOR GOODNESS SAKE PLS POST YOUR REVIEW IN THE SPECIFIC PRODUCT THE REVIEW SECTION. IT IS THERE FOR A REASON. So many many many many reviews discussion post on the same product everyone won in Picky and all these post pushed away important discussion like when someone asking for information, sharing their opinion etc. But nooo all I see is review review review. I am actually more frustrated seeing familiar name of members that I know has been on this app for a very long time and STILL post their review on discussions area. 3) You won a give-away: THAT'S GREAT I GENUINELY HAPPY FOR YOU but..... Too many "I won.. " posts it just... Overwhelming (yes I did the same thing back then and still guilty until now) P. S I can feel the next wave of spamming post coming soon. Skin1004 prizes. Brace yourself !!! I'm sorry for the tone in this post but I was really frustrated about this. Thank you for coming to my Ted talk.
upvote

comment

37 Comments

hxmesick user profile picture

hxmesick

Oily/Resilient

Hi there! As much as I agree with you, I have to state the obvious - people don't seem to read the discussions here or even search for what interests them, even though there's a search bar right here ☹️ I have seen it so many times and even though I managed to get around 60k points mostly because of commenting on discussions it became tedious because I feel weird writing the same thing all over again and getting points for it. These last few days, maybe even a week, I didn't even check the discussions because there was SO MANY Commonlabs ampoule reviews 😩 I don't mean to come off as negative but it's slowly demotivating me to use the app. Thank you very much for addressing this issue and I really hope things will get better here 🥰
upvote

comment

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

IKR I've been commenting the same thing that I got so tired I just copy and paste my answer. and yes omg last time was The Potions, then now the Commonlabs it really push away all interesting post T^T thank you for agreeing with me I really hope Picky do something about this.
upvote

comment

jinnaee user profile picture

jinnaee

Dry/Resilient

I agree with you😭 seeing the same things has been putting me off from commenting or checking the discussions at all. I hope more users utilize the search bar and put their reviews in the designated section because although I appreciate them, it can be a bit frustrating.
upvote

comment

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

YES! It's like they don't bother to read they don't bother to explore etc it just really frustrated me everytime I want to see some good new. post in Picky. goshhhhhh
upvote

comment

Iamvan user profile picture

Iamvan

Dry/Sensitive

I agree with this. Though I don't mind the repeated question about shipping updates from the new user. Posting reviews on discussion on the other hand is not up my alley. I mean, it's the discussion section, what am i supposed to discuss with your review? I ended up skipping those entirely. If i need it I'll look it up at the review section. I'd rather you share your skin progresses. Any new finds we haven't heard before. Great product dupes that you discover. Tips and tricks to share so the routine is more effective ( for ex. After toner i use a toner pad soak with BHA power liquid on my nose, leave it for 5 minutes, then proceed with my routine. That work so much better for me than the usual way of just patting it in with your hands - my nose is smooth and shiny 😅)
upvote

comment

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

yess those. like at first I dun mind seeing those post about shipping details but constantly seeing more than 5 posts asking the same thing where they can actually read the comments from other post on it. I just want to read new stuff learn new things seeing everyone sharing new stufffffff but it got flooded with the review things
upvote

comment

wyatt user profile picture

wyatt

Dry/Sensitive

finally someone who is brave enough to voice out my thoughts! often times the discussions are repetitive to the extent that if they had searched the relevant keywords on picky they would’ve gotten their answers! I don’t know if it’s just me but I’ve started tj find the quality of discussions on picky is not as good as before (about few months back when I started using this app) 🙂
upvote

comment

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

ikr like I don't see any quality discussion anymore it just sad like I want to read something good something I never know before. but no, all I see is, review shipping review shipping
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

THANK YOU!!! I hope everyone gets to read this
upvote

comment

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

hope they do read it ><
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!