picky logo
picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus βž•

Product Info

Nickypicks user profile picture

Nickypicks

Oily/Resilient

dot281 Views

What is the difference in these two ampoules?

It's from the same brand and the name sounds the same...
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Ampoule

star rating

(3896)

favorite

Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Capsule Ampoule

SKIN1004
Madagascar Centella Tone Brightening Capsule Ampoule

star rating

(2347)

favorite

upvote

comment

17 Comments

MissySoup user profile picture

MissySoup

Oily/Sensitive

from what I understand is Centella ampoule is aiming to soothing your skin only while Brightening ampoule is to help brightening your skin especially those with a lot of pigmentation or dark spots or uneven skin tone. I can be wrong for the brightening one cuz that's why I understand from research haha
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

This is quite accurate. I would add on from this, the yellow tint Madagascar Centella Ampoule only contains one ingredient, which is the centella asiatica. While the brightening one has extra ingredients targetted to brighten the skintone. Yellow bottle is very safe to use, and I found out some people tend to get irritation with the brightening one.
upvote

comment

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

I have the soothing one. My skin is dry and sensitive so in the winter or from products my skin become more dry, red and can react with flakiness and even tiny bumps ( fun ). So the calming ampoule is 100% centella asiatica /cica / tigar grass. The idea is that this plant should be able to calm down inflammation - so mainly the redness in my case. If you are breakouts prone - should reduce the redness caused by them and speed up healing. The brightening ampoule I won in the giveaway so I can't tell how effective is but as ingredient has Tranexamic Acid which is brightening so should improve uneven skin tone, melasma, dark marks left from acne ect. There is also Niacinamide which is also brightening and great for oily skin. You will find here some Panthenol, Ferment and Cica to sooth the skin as well. Also the price here is double on the pure cica ampoule. Hope this helps 😊
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

White one is for brightening while gold one is for calming
upvote

comment

Nickypicks user profile picture

Nickypicks

Oily/Resilient

does that mean if the skin is irritated then use the gold one? I only get acne or blind pimples never redness or irritation. Would this product still be suitable for me?
upvote

comment

Arnaaz user profile picture

Arnaaz

Dry/Sensitive

this comment section is so useful
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!