picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus โž•

Skin Concern

A

Aishu875

Oily/Sensitive

dot247 Views

Piling Issues :(

Hey all, hope you are doing well๐Ÿ’• As English isn't my first language I'm not sure what's the correct spelling of this word is but I think it's called as piling up/balling up!!! I am facing piling issues alot :( If I layer 2-3 serums and apply moisturizer it starts piling up. I apply gel sunscreen and try to apply talc powder on top of it, it starts piling, basically anything that's not piling for others, pils for me. I do use Salicylic acid/Lactic acid once a week. Please help me resolve this issue๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ ps - I do have slight facial hairs (if that could be an issue, I don't shave my face) Thanks in advance ๐Ÿฅฐ
upvote

comment

21 Comments

K

kale

Oily/Resilient

i would try checking your ingredients. silicone, talc, and iron oxide have caused the most pilling for me. iโ€™ve been told to stay away from basically anything ending in -icone, -conol, or -xane in order to prevent pilling. i would also try not layering your serums and just using one.
upvote

comment

A

Aishu875

Oily/Sensitive

I will try to check the ingredients but I heard how serums work great together, so I tried to follow that, I'll try this as well :) thank you
upvote

comment

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

its alao happen to me when i layer too many serum or moisturiser or they layering just dont go well to each other
upvote

comment

A

Aishu875

Oily/Sensitive

What's your solution for that?
upvote

comment

janethw user profile picture

janethw

Oily/Resilient

Hi!! Maybe your using too many products, not letting them absorb into your skin, or one (or more) of the products don't combine with other ones in your routine. I'd try: - Reduce steps on my routine - Let each step sit and absorb fully before applying the next product.
upvote

comment

A

Aishu875

Oily/Sensitive

I usually layer 2/3 serums + moisturizer. I usually wait till it's kinda dried on my face i.e 50-60 seconds, how long do you recommend me to wait before applying other products?
upvote

comment

beautywithdanni user profile picture

beautywithdanni

Dry/Resilient

I would definitely try allowing your products to absorb properly before applying another product also try only 1 serum one day and the other the next day to see if it is a specific serum that is causing the pilling
upvote

comment

A

Aishu875

Oily/Sensitive

I will try this, thank you๐Ÿ’• could peach fuzz cause piling? I wonder shaving it would help๐Ÿค”
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!