picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Patchcollection user profile picture

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

dot52 Views

Red light, Infrared light therapy

Was wondering if anyone here uses red light, infrared ligjt therapy. If so, how do you incoporate it into your routine? I recently bought a light panel for my chronic upper back pain and it seems to be helping. Since now I have spent so much money on a Red light/infrared panel, I would like to use it as part of my skincare routine but I am getting really mixed info on how to incorporate the light properly. So I'm wondering if anyone here knows if I can use the light with vit c? Before or after skincare application? The only definitive answer google was able to help me find is to put retinol AFTER the light session. The rest of the info are very inconsistent. Hopefully someone here can help.
upvote

comment

2 Comments

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

I am quite interested with this topic as well. Will follow this post. From my understanding, as long as the frequency for the infrared light is right, it should be okay. I have seen tutorials teaching people how to use those expensive facial machine which include multiple kind of lights. Normally, they start a little and slowly build up the frequency to avoid irritation. They usually do it after cleansing, and avoid using Vitamin C or any photo sensitive ingredients. You can use those after the session. I found an article explaining how often you should use the red light therapy, which I think is helpful https://serenitywatersspa.com/blog/how-often-red-light-therapy/
upvote

comment

Patchcollection user profile picture

Patchcollection

Dry/Resilient

Thank you so much for your reply! Much appreciated! And the link you provided is by far the most useful I have read online so far! ❤️
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!