picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

S

sunnydaze

Oily/Resilient

dot60 Views

Alternative to painful extractions

Any recommendations on DIY home facial minus the painful extractions? My friend recommended using egg whites on cotton wool and leaving it to dry. After drying you can peel off the cotton wool with all the black heads and white heads. Any thoughts if this really works?
upvote

comment

5 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

You will damage you nose skin, deform, and enlarge your pores if you use any sort of peel-off nose strip. I would use double cleansing, BHA, AHA, and niacinamide instead to treat blackheads and whiteheads.
upvote

comment

S

sunnydaze

Oily/Resilient

Thank u for your advise!
upvote

comment

BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

I strongly suggest using a chemical exfoliator please! This gentle chemical exfoliator has helped me significantly reduce whiteheads, blackheads & closed comedones 💚 I use it 1-2 times weekly!
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

Some By Mi
AHA BHA PHA 30 Days Miracle Toner

star rating

(1234)

favorite

upvote

comment

S

sunnydaze

Oily/Resilient

Thanks for this recommendation!
upvote

comment

Ozu user profile picture

Ozu

Oily/Sensitive

Nope, I suggest you to get a bottle of jojoba oil instead if you want a natural way to clean off the blackheads, else you might want to try chemical exfoliator as mentioned above together with clay mask. Jojoba oil if you massage enough, it can dissolve the blackhead, but it is not an efficient method. Egg whites, will dry out if you apply on skin. It doesn't extract the blackheads, you can try it, and you will know it won't work.
upvote

comment

theartofskincarett user profile picture

theartofskincarett

Dry/Sensitive

I have zero belief in DIY Use chemical exfoliators 2-3x a week maximum at night and Sunscreen in the day You will see results in 2-3 months and not painful BHA = Salicylic Acid which is oil soluble and works to unclog pores
S

sunnydaze

Oily/Resilient

Thank you for the recommendation!
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!