picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus āž•

Routine Help

anotherskincarefreak user profile picture

anotherskincarefreak

Dry/Resilient

dot137 Views

Do you repurpose skincare products?

It sometimes happens that I purchase a product and it doesn't suite my skin. I have dry skin and I always double check the ingredient list before purchasing a product. Even so, I made some mistakes šŸ˜… Here is how I repurposed some products: āœØ Cerave SA Smoothing Cleanser is too drying for my face but I love it for body. The first time I tried it on the face I must admit I didn't like it because it was too harsh. I lost count how many bottles I got to use it as body cleanser. It does miracles for body acne āœØ The Ordinary Glycolic toner is also a little bit harsh for my face. I used it like once per week for face but almost daily on the back of my hands, elbows and knees. It helped with dark patches and KP āœØSoroci Morning Drizzle Bucket Mist is too fragranced for my preferences so I use it as a chest mist. It feels refreshing, especially during hot months I also have some multi purpose products āœØRetinol Eye creams on neck (because they are gentle) āœØFace oil on the hair ends (two-three drops because it can make the hair greasy) āœØFace Moisturizers as hand creams (because they tend to absorb faster) Please share your repurpose/multi purpose products šŸ„°
upvote

comment

13 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

I received this cleansing water from Neogen and the floral scent was to strong for my sensitive skin, so now I am using it to clean my makeup brushes šŸ˜Š
Dermalogy Real Flower Cleansing Water Calendula

NEOGEN
Dermalogy Real Flower Cleansing Water Calendula

star rating

(304)

favorite

upvote

comment

anotherskincarefreak

Dry/Resilient

That is a great tip ā¤ļø
upvote

comment

Bibii user profile picture

Bibii

Oily/Sensitive

I've Also used the Cerave SA Cleanser as a body wash because it was too harsh for my face. šŸ¤—
upvote

comment

emmyliuuy user profile picture
super picky user badge

emmyliuuy

Dry/Resilient

I also used The Ordinary Glycolic Toner for KP!
upvote

comment

anotherskincarefreak

Dry/Resilient

Glad to hear that ā¤ļø
upvote

comment

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

me too i purchase a set of skincare one of them are vitC serum and my face canā€™t handle it too greasy and makes my face look even dullness šŸ˜‚ so i use it to my entire body as body serum haha or some moisturiser thatā€™s too heavy for my face i use it as body lotion šŸ˜‚ or exfoliate toner that too stingy to exfoliate armpit, back neck, knee, and some parts thatā€™s looks dull šŸ¤­ so i havent purchased any body care for a while now šŸ˜‚
upvote

comment

anotherskincarefreak

Dry/Resilient

The exfoliating toners do a great job for the entire body indeed šŸ˜„
upvote

comment

hexamuted user profile picture

hexamuted

Dry/Resilient

I love using The Ordinary Glycolic Toner for before/after I epilate. it helps a TON with ingrown hairs. I have The Ordinary HA Serum but since everything I have already has HA in it, Iā€™ve switched to using in my hair instead. any moisturizer I donā€™t like I use as a hand cream, especially before bed. theyā€™re more hydrating than lotions and my hands get dryyyyy. and not technically skincare, but I use lash serums on my brows.
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

The Ordinary
Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution

star rating

(739)

favorite

Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

The Ordinary
Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5

star rating

(1010)

favorite

upvote

comment

anotherskincarefreak

Dry/Resilient

I didn't know that you can use HA for hair. Thank you for letting me know šŸ¤—šŸ’•
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!