picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Connect

skincaretogether user profile picture

skincaretogether

Dry/Resilient

dot44 Views

Getting your partner into skincare

How have you gotten your disinterested partner into a skincare routine? What sorts of products do you find they will actually use? My partner's current skincare routine is applying Bath and Body Works lotion once a week. 😬
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Fuyuka user profile picture

Fuyuka

Oily/Sensitive

Including it into our quality time/when we are together. I once used a clay mask and I asked him if he wanted to join me. Surprisingly it was fun, but sadly he wasn't going to do it regularly. His routine only consisted of washing his face with men face wash.
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

Ohh, it’s gonna be tricky with this one. My husband saw Loreal’s retinol commercial on tv and wanted to get one, he dont have any skincare all he does is slather his $1 body lotion all over his body and face everyday. I told him he’s going to start using sunscreen if he wants that retinol and he was lik”Nope, thank you”. But it’s funny how he picked up some eye mask and butt tone-up sheet mask for himself. Don’t ask me how he look like when he put on that butt mask, oh boy 🤣🤣🤣🤣
upvote

comment

skincaretogether

Dry/Resilient

Oh my gosh I NEED to see him do a butt mask
upvote

comment

RubyonWings user profile picture

RubyonWings

Dry/Resilient

My partner is actually quite open about skincare! Whatever that doesn't work for me, he'd ask if he could try 😆 It will take some time to normalize the stigma around men doing skincare, but its helpful to let your partner know that you're mindful about them 😉 If they have bad skin conditions, let them know that you're trying to improve those for them, if they have good skin in general then you could start off with just one product (such as a cleanser) for them 💖
upvote

comment

skincaretogether

Dry/Resilient

I don't think he's super concerned about the stigma, he doesn't have any issue wearing women's clothes out haha. He's just lazy. 😂
upvote

comment

MsK user profile picture

MsK

Oily/Sensitive

Hubby uses a beard cleansing balm which is nice as it makes his beard feel less scratchy.
Kalamazoo

LUSH
Kalamazoo

star rating

(1)

favorite

upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!