picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Brand Talk

rissamatis user profile picture

rissamatis

Dry/Resilient

dot182 Views

Celebrity Skincare/Makeup brands?

Hello Picky Friends, So. I have yet to dive into the world of celebrity skin and beauty. I usually stick to things I feel have a history of decent/consistent products, but I am open minded and will cater to whatever my skin/hair/body needs (if I can afford it hahaha). With the rise in interest when it comes to skin care, makeup/beauty, all things SELF CARE- I worry that a lot of public figures want to exploit the trends and create gimmicks that ultimately have no purpose in this industry. So, you tell me- Which brands/celebs have you tried? Which do you love/loathe? Do you feel the products are worth it? why? What’s your take on celebrities joining in the self care industry(s)? Let me know! :)
upvote

comment

12 Comments

vvmskincare user profile picture
picky squad user badge

vvmskincare

Oily/Resilient

I’m curious as well. 😊 Let’s find out what other’s will tell.
upvote

comment

rissamatis

Dry/Resilient

I see so many of these sorts of things coming out! I want to go for some of them but I don’t want to end up regretting it 😂 we’ll see what the others have to say.
upvote

comment

laurynf user profile picture

laurynf

Oily/Sensitive

rare beauty and fenty beauty are the two most solid celebrity makeup brands around
upvote

comment

farahaszar user profile picture

farahaszar

Dry/Resilient

for international celebrities product? never since those brand not enter my country.. at least yet.. i hope i could try rihana’s brand since i read a lot of good review about it and for local celebrities.. well more like a famous YouTuber.. i try one by Tasya Farasya (a famous beauty YouTuber) i try her makeup line and it is worthy!! it’s worth every 💵 you pay and worth the struggle to buy it.. and in my opinion it’s worthy since i know her standard on product she always mention in her video.. and shes super picky so if you know the celebrity that would launch a product is really know about skincare/makeup and we know she’s picky about it even before launch her own brand.. her product must worth to try but if the celebrities not really had integrity in skincare or makeup i would doubt the product they launch 😂 or wait for the review before try those
upvote

comment

rissamatis

Dry/Resilient

that’s my main worry! I find it strange when a celebrity or influencer who has no background/no previous interest in this stuff decides to put out a whole brand…. just seems very exploitative. I have not heard of that YouTuber but I’ll have to look them up. I hope you’re able to get your hands on some international brands soon!!
upvote

comment

elaineganuelas user profile picture
picky squad user badge

elaineganuelas

Oily/Resilient

I'm quite hesitant when it comes to skincare but with makeup, I appreciate Fenty Beauty and Rare Beauty plus those other "celebrity" pro makeup artist brands
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!