picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Allthingsbeauty.rp  user profile picture

Allthingsbeauty.rp

Oily/Sensitive

dot81 Views

Vitamin C for beginners?

I want to start using Vit C so I need you advice on best product you tried and how to use it
upvote

comment

4 Comments

Betweendots user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Betweendots

Oily/Sensitive

I got few advices which I hope will help you :) 1. Check your routine first - are there other actives? Any active that might work badly with vitamin C like retinol or acids? 2. Choose formula - usually brands won't tell you the pH of the product but some forms works only in pH around 2-3, other forms can work in pH around 5 or even 7. Majority of brands work on ascorbic acid or other forms like ascorbyl glucoside, SAP, MAP, or EAC - EAC is probably the most powerful but also most expensive version of Vitamin C (still, the best one for sensitive skin) 3. Since Vitamin C boosts UV protection it's good to introduce Vitamin C during the morning routine 4. Start easy - 2/3 times per week, and then more often. Depends on your skin reaction and needs. 5. It's good to mix Vitamin C with Vitamin E, niacinamide and ferulic acid - search for such substances in your skincare or vitamin C product. 6. Make sure your vitamin C is fresh - especially ascorbic acid likes to turn colour from white/pale yellow to brown in short amount of time. 7. Even if Vit C boosts UV protection we still need to use sunscreen. 8. Don't be surprised when the cream you use after using it on vitamin C turns into water - it can happen :) I hope these advices will help you, I also added some product recommendations - vitamin C products that worked for me :)
Melano CC Whitening Lotion

Rohto
Melano CC Whitening Lotion

star rating

(25)

favorite

C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum

Drunk Elephant
C-Firma Vitamin C Day Serum

star rating

(2)

favorite

Dermalogy Real Vita C Serum

NEOGEN
Dermalogy Real Vita C Serum

star rating

(355)

favorite

Dermalogy Real Vita C Powder Lemon

NEOGEN
Dermalogy Real Vita C Powder Lemon

star rating

(8)

favorite

Mentholatum Melano CC Intensive Anti-Spot Essence

Rohto
Mentholatum Melano CC Intensive Anti-Spot Essence

star rating

(118)

favorite

Liftactiv Glyco-C Night Peel Ampoule

Vichy
Liftactiv Glyco-C Night Peel Ampoule

star rating

(1)

favorite

upvote

comment

Allthingsbeauty.rp  user profile picture

Allthingsbeauty.rp

Oily/Sensitive

thank you so much
upvote

comment

melissareviewsthings user profile picture

melissareviewsthings

Dry/Resilient

I use Maelove Glow Maker. I apply it in the AM. I use a salicylic acid face wash and then apply vitamin C. I read it is important to use a low PH face wash so your skin can absorb the Vitamin C properly. I then apply azeliac acid and moisturizer. I top the whole morning routine off with sunscreen. I didn’t start slow, but most do. I have never had a reaction to Vitamin C and I have tried a few brands. I would recommend to build your way up to every night. I saw great results quickly. Depending on your budget, Skincuticals is an amazing option. Honestly, the Holy Grail of Vitamin C! Good Luck!
BlueNWhite user profile picture

BlueNWhite

Dry/Sensitive

This gentle vitamin C 🍋 serum will be a good one to start with. Here's my experience ⬇️ https://www.instagram.com/p/CT9SZZipRMf/?utm_medium=copy_link I apply it to dry skin every morning!
silveryohko user profile picture

silveryohko

Dry/Sensitive

use it on mornings put it first thing after cleansing wait 30min for it to be fully absorbed and the PH of your skin to come back to normal then apply whatever you want but finish with sunscreen linked: my fave low concentration vit C

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!