picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus âž•

Ingredients

iamfarah36 user profile picture

iamfarah36

Oily/Sensitive

dot108 Views

Azelaic Acid and Rosacea!

How effective is Azelaic Acid in treating Rosacea? I used this one from Revox for three days straight but my skin got worse and the irritation lasted for months. Please recommend a proper way of using Azelaic Acid or personal experience/opinion. Thank you!
carousel
Just 10% Azelaic Acid Brightening Solution

Revox
Just 10% Azelaic Acid Brightening Solution

star rating

(32)

favorite

upvote

comment

5 Comments

theskinilivein user profile picture
picky squad user badge

theskinilivein

Oily/Sensitive

What other products did you use at the time of using the azelaic acid product? I would recommend incorporating it progressively into your routine, first 1x per week then increase slowly as your skin builds tolerance to it. Do not use it with AHA, BHA, vitamin C, or retinol, as that can be too irritating for your skin. I hope this helps 😊
upvote

comment

iamfarah36

Oily/Sensitive

only this product
upvote

comment

SkincarebyNessa user profile picture

SkincarebyNessa

Oily/Sensitive

azelaic acid is great for rosacea, but sensitive skin in general usually takes time to adjust to a new ingredient/product so I recommend introducing it slowly, like using it every other day 💕
upvote

comment

iamfarah36

Oily/Sensitive

thank you, I’ve been dreading using it again!
upvote

comment

HIBeauty user profile picture
picky squad user badge

HIBeauty

Dry/Sensitive

10% is high for a newbie with sensitive skin I would say around 5% concentration in the beginning. You can buffer product by applying moisturizer -AA - moisturizer. I love, love this active but still occasionally some products leave me with super itching sensation. AA is worth thr trying- I am dr and rosacea prone and for me it really smoothes the skin, reduces redness and it is bringing. AA is also gently exfoliating so bare this on mind. I hope this helps :-)
upvote

comment

iamfarah36

Oily/Sensitive

yes Thank you
upvote

comment

Hinarushi user profile picture

Hinarushi

Dry/Sensitive

I will drop this in here, maybe it can help someone?... If you live in the UK, Skin+Me creates custom prescription cream treatments with mainly azelaic acid and niacinamide. They can change your treatment as you advance with it. I've tried their cream for around a month and I've experienced irritation. It was my first time using azelaic acid so I think that this was the culprit for my irritation. They specify on their website that azelaic acid can provoke redness and irritation at first. The weird thing is that you are supposed to use their small cream container every day.
upvote

comment

iamfarah36

Oily/Sensitive

Thank you for sharing this information, rosacea is a nightmare for me.
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!