picky logo
Productscurationdiscussionpicky for creatorsJoin Picky Plus ➕

Routine Help

Medlo user profile picture

Medlo

Oily/Sensitive

dot141 Views

Hormonal acne/oily skin routine advice

Helo!!! I’ve been struggling finding a good routine for my hormonal acne. I’m diagnosed with pcos and I try to follow a low sugar/gluten/dairy diet and take Metformin and Inositol as treatments. However, I struggle with a lot of deep cystic acne around jaw and cheeks (beard pattern) and have lots of PIE and hyperpigmentation as well. I created a similar discussion earlier to ask for products and some of you guys were really helpful recommending products. I’ve added stuff to my shopping list aaaand - Would this routine be effective and appropriate to layer?
carousel
carousel
carousel
carousel
upvote

comment

5 Comments

ShariffaAini user profile picture

ShariffaAini

Oily/Resilient

so far from what my aunt had experienced she got hormonal acne when she was on her early 20s i think and its not the products that helped her but she consulted a doctor and a certain antibiotics that treat hormonal acne. might i suggest never experiment on skin if have these because it will worsen the situation.
upvote

comment

Kh50 user profile picture

Kh50

Oily/Sensitive

yep. i have too hormonal acne. Only one thing work for me : control birth pill, like diane. It s regulate hormones, and skin is better in one month.
upvote

comment

Veracity user profile picture
picky squad user badge

Veracity

Oily/Resilient

It actually looks like a great routine tbh. Idk if shower with BP could dry your skin though.
upvote

comment

I

irazaf

Dry/Sensitive

i used to incorporate a lot of ingredients too but nothing seems work for my cystic acne. so i focus on killing the bacteria first by using benzoyl peroxide acne treatment every night. but since it can be quite drying, soothing ingredients and moisturiser is a must. after it started to calm down then i apply niacinamide and the rest of serum.
upvote

comment

QueenTania user profile picture

QueenTania

Dry/Sensitive

rael has patches made especially for cystic acne which you may find helpful
upvote

comment

MAX1972 user profile picture

MAX1972

Dry/Resilient

I think I might be experiencing this too
upvote

comment

K-Beauty Giveaway Events

kbeauty Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist event

Picky x Treeannsea | Sand Dune Desert Mist

Audience

All Users

Deadline

August 2nd

picky coins500
Picky app preview

Join the Picky Community

The Picky community helps you discover new products through discussion boards, honest reviews, expert articles and redeemable free product rewards. #GetPicky!